#1 andy1966

andy1966

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Full Name:andy payne

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

i bought this truck to use for spares as i have a collection of 1970s vintage remote contol trucks i used some of the parts from this to get another one working.

i was going to throw away what was left of it but after looking at what was left i decided to give it a makeover as it was too good to throw away.

i started by extending the cab and adding an aerofoil to the roof then added a bull bar to the front of it all hand made from balsa wood.

i thought it might look better with lights on it as well so i got a set of coloured l.e.d christmas lights from a well known high street store and chopped out the amber blue red and clear bulbs i carved the roof light mounts from balsa wood and fixed them to the roof then drilled holes in the cab cab roof  so i could fit the lights i did the same with the head lights and the spot lights in the bumper and the lower section off the bullbar i rewired the original on of switch on the truck so that the lights can be switched on and off.the mirror brackets are made from some large metal staples i found at work and the mirrors i made from balsa wood ive still got the exhausts to sort out then its time to paint it.

all coments welcome.

Attached Files

#2 Doobie

Doobie

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Chivers

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:19 AM

Thats diferent what scale is it?

#3 andy1966

andy1966

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Full Name:andy payne

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

hi im not sure what scale it is i used it for spares and decided to remodel what was left rather than throw it away just needs painting now and see how it looks.

#4 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

Amazing how the toy companies always want to exagerate the fifth wheel....Good little project you got goin', though...Have fun....That's why they call it a hobby...