Thank you for watching this.
Brute Force 71 Camaro
Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:09 PM
With the hood getting it's first coat of the gray and then clear coated I can see from the flash there is a few spots that the blue came up but this will be taken care of when I'm done.
First was using the flattener in the paint to kill the metal flake to a dull gray and then using it in the clear coat also to keep the gray down after it will be buffed out. The blue will come back as this part had no flattener in the 7900 clear. A lot of learnig the steps on how they gone about it to get the over all look of this car is a real challange.
Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:11 PM
Also getting more on the motor done tonight as I did the pulley for the power steering and the new box locating it to the drivers lower side. This is just high enough to get the coil packs in place between the frame and the motor.
Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:42 PM
doing the plug wires and fuel line that is missing on the intake for LS motors. You can see the plug wires are angle to the front of the motor as this is where the coil packs will be at.
Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:56 AM
Doing the orange stripes and wet sand tomorrow and clear coat
Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:40 PM
Hood is now drying and with every thing painted on it. The lines are the same weidth and spaced out for the edge of the front of the hood and the rear so it all stays the same. This painting is really a learning part for me using the flattener in both the paint and clear coat. But at the same time you can see what the under side of the hood will be shiny like this as Bob did not flat coat the clear for the under side of the hood or the floor pans and such under the car.
Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:34 PM
Tonight's work was to get the hood done on top and wet sanded down and polished out, also did the nose a little more and looks a lot better now in the air duct and the two parts are the core supports so I can get that part done. The hood also is a lot duller with out the light hitting it then it's showing.
Thanks for watching this build its been a lot of work and fun so far.
Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:24 AM
Brute Force- update as I get the core support done and air duct scoop put in as all one part. This lets me slide the radiator and oil cooler up from the bottom in place. Also did the hood pin locations and you can see the hood also fits flush like it's suppose to.
Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:58 AM
This is better with each up-date Chas.
I really do appreciate your time an effort and
the fact that You are taking the time to share with Us here!
The paint is liquid beauty!
Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:05 PM
Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:25 PM
Thank you for the kind words guys, I will have an update tomorrow as i'm doing the under side of the hood. also this will not be at the Detroit show as I'm taking a different build car that I been working on for display there.
Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:56 AM
I see you are making quite a bit of progress Chas, and adding a lot of neat details to make it true to the real counterpart.
Since the main body is still in primer it might be a good time to shorten the nose from the kit's RS type longer length to Brute Force's shorter Standard type (before it gets painted of course).
Just out of curiosity, why did you paint the outside of the hood before the body?
Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM
Mark i'm just doing the hood as if I screw up the paint on how it was done doing the gray and dullner in the paint and clear I can replace the hood a lot easier then stripping the body. The gray on the sides of the body are done in the same way and was not 100% sure on the mix of dullner to the paint and clear and how to get every thing to look right.
For the nose im really close on getting back to it and start getting it shorter and trim it down. I did fix the air duct better and looks more real then how unsquare it was before.
Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:35 PM
Was able to get the under side of the hood painted this weekend, unlike the top of the hood with the two different clears this one is just all one clear and full shiny look to it. I do have a few spots to fix and will be easier to do as I can progress in this part and make the hood pin parts.
Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:25 PM
Machining the hood pin parts tonight, this is the first set but will make a new set tomorrow.