#21 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

That's what's happening here. While I'm not totally in an "out in the sticks" area, it is a mostly rural farming community. We have 4 Chevrolet/GMC dealers, 2 Ram dealers, 3 Ford dealers, and 1 Toyota dealer withing a 30 minuit drive of my house, none of them stock base model trucks regularly. Last time I saw a base model longbed standard cab was back in '08 at Bryants Chevrolet in Attica Indiana. It was a K2500 HD with the Duramax/Allison combo, towing and snowplow package, AC, stereo, and not much else. I considered it, but at $47000, it was a bit more than what I could afford at the time. Hindsight, I should have seen what kind of deal they could have made me, since it was a leftover '07, and I've known the owner of the dealership since I was about 5 years old.

Oh well, I still have my '55 longbed 1/2 ton, and if I really needed another truck, I have a line on an '88 K2500, as well as a '69 C20 Camper Special.

#22 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Sounds like me. The more I price out new (or even used and less than five year old) trucks, my beat-up old F-250 keeps on looking better.

#23 mistermodel

mistermodel

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Full Name:KEVIN YORKE

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

The pictures make it look as if it's made of LEGO pieces

Well GM trucks are toy like,even if they copy fords oversized grill.

My work waited 10 weeks for a 2011 with the only options being 8 foot box,extended cab,4x4,heavy suspention and a/c.The dealers wont stock a basic work truck because they make money on the up sale  packages

#24 metalhead

metalhead

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan Caudle

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

The oversized fender flares and the fauceted hood totally put me off. I'm more of the early-mid 90's silverado person. Still looks nice and I'm sure that it packs some horsepower under that hood.

RYAN. (proud owner of a 96 Silverado)

#25 mackinac359

mackinac359

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Ahlborn

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

This looks too much like the awful '07-13 style (current design).  Bloated and bulbous looking.  I'm a Chevy man, but really dislike the current style, and the '14 doesn't do anything for me at all.  I was hoping for something dramatically new.  

Tim

#26 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Give me a 67-72 standard 8ft bed and I will be happy!!!!

#27 pharoah

pharoah

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Full Name:John Farrow

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

I can't figure out why they keep making trucks bigger and cars smaller? The government wants cars that get 50 mpg,and they make these behemoths. :wacko:

Personally I'd like to see the return of the mini truck. probably won't happen until gas is $10 a gallon.