25 replies to this topic

#21 m408

m408

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:24 AM

Hi...m408......Try to see the photos now , I think there was something wrong with photobucket........Have Fun..............Barbo

Got em, Barbo, thanks. Looks great.

#22 Barbo

Barbo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:24 PM

Hi..m408.....send us photos once you finish with the backdrop..........Be Happy........Barbo

#23 m408

m408

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:37 AM

Hi..m408.....send us photos once you finish with the backdrop..........Be Happy........Barbo

No camera. But hen I get it done, I'll try to borrow one and figure out how to send some pics. Will be kind of fun to show the results of my first attempt under you folks' guidance.

#24 Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

Hi...m408...you are right....the number 1-3/4'' is wrong it must be 3.5 (3-1/2'') it is not necesary to enlarge once more..thanks for your observation . I will post tomorow photos of the backdrops I purchase today at Colonial Hobby Shop ,Orlando. And the enlargements I did at Office Max...have fun...Barbo

Hi, m408 and Barbo! If building in 1/24-1/25, here is the tip: Get a 6" machinist's rule. A good one will have inch scale on one side, and metric on the other. As there are 25 milimeters to one inch, and we are working in 1/25, (1/24-close enough) there are 25 milimeters to one inch. Therefore, one mm. equals one inch.
Your house "man-door" will be 78 mm high. A typical car tire will be about 25" tall (25 mm in our scale)
Six-foot tall guy: 72 mm. Five-foot tall girl: 60mm. The guy's feet are 12 mm long...
Car steering wheels are 14.5"-17" diameter. Make the model car's the same, only in mm.
Chopping a top? 4"=4mm. Neat, and handy. Sears, Orchard Supply, Harbor Freight. Just make sure it is Metric at least on one edge!

#25 mikelo

mikelo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Lomaka

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:57 AM

Back to the background, if you want to add depth to your scene, you can go smaller than 1/24 scale for the background. It will force perspective and create depth. I was playing around in this photo and placed a 1/32 Mustang about 2" to 3" behind the 1/25 ones. It would have turned out better if I could have not included the houses, but you can see the result.
Posted Image

#26 m408

m408

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:22 AM

Hi...m408......Try to see the photos now , I think there was something wrong with photobucket........Have Fun..............Barbo

Got em. Nice.

Got the instant horizons back ground, went to the only place in town who could enlarge the whole scene to fit all three walls and opted out when I heard the price. $110.00

So... Just used it for the back wall. It is HO scale. Got some G scale back grounds and put them on the side walls, added popsickle stick fencing all around, and now the whole sceen has a nice 3D effect.

Thanks for all of the help.