Ok, here is the question. You just opened the bottle and out pops the genie. He grants you five wishes. The catch is they have to be five real flesh and blood cars and you have to live with them for the rest of your life. No wishing for a gazillion dollar exoto car that you can sell and buy a hundred thousand Fiat 500's. You actually have to live with them. They are your transportation. No frigin race cars or homolgation specials! They got to go down the street. Oh, and mantainance is included, but you wrap it around a tree, TS man, they ain't fixing it unless you can pay for it. So, what do you choose and why?
Here is my list in not particular order:
1. '69 ram air IV GTO Judge - I fell in love with this car in the muscle car era and just like the lines of it. Homage to the big block street gran prix cars.
2. '60 250 GT California Spider SWB - Yea, Ferris Bullers day off car. A lot of Ferraris to choose from but I think this one had some of the nicest lines of any of the early(In my life) Ferraris. Has to have the 250 V-12. Oh, and I just don't like the look of a Daytona. Looks like it was designed by an ammunition maker.
3. '71 280 SL 'benz pagoda roof. A friend of mines dad had one while I was in college in ice blue and it was a great car to drive. The last year of this car were the most refined and best like so many last editions. The fit and finish were impecable and it was a great car to drive. This would be my daily driver. Easy car to live with.
4. '74 Porsche 911 carrara, Rated as one of the worst porsches ever build for maintance. It was the first year of the battering ram bumpers and had a lot of emissions stuff that went south. So why do I want one? I had a '74 911 and I want it back! Best/worse car I ever owned.
5. '03 458 Italia Yea, I hear you. Crazy exotic but I have seen several of these at cars and coffee in Irvine and I could walk around this car all day long just looking at it. I can't find a line that I don't like. And when one of these leaves the lot, Oh, my word! It is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Or maybe even sans apparel.
Ok, your turn----- Oh one last question to put this thing into perspective- What do you drive now?
Me? '93 MR2 turbo. You?
Edited by Casey, 15 December 2012 - 06:36 PM.