#21 Nick W.

Nick W.

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas Wester Jr.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

I just paint mine flat white, with a little black around the edges like the 1:1!

#22 pharoah

pharoah

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Full Name:John Farrow

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

I foiled mine. Maybe try a little thinned Tamiya white over the foil? I know,they look kinda crappy because they're molded in.

We understand.. :)

#23 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I just paint mine flat white, with a little black around the edges like the 1:1!

Mine are Silver around the edge of the Composite light, not sure if that was different for the 454SS models, but my truck has the Silverado Trim Grille.

Nick

#24 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Great build, love these trucks, i just wished the model companys would have brought a 4x4 one out.

#25 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

I've relegated that truck to the back of my to-be-built pile because I can't figure out how to make the headlight lenses look realistic. It's a shame because I like how they designed the rest of the model.

This subject came up on another forum and Steve Milberry supplied what seems to be the best solution to the problem:

Your only option is to cut out the molded in ones and replace them.  The lenses themselves are pretty easy. Just a rectangle of clear plastic with prism pattern etched on them with an x-acto blade and a ruler.

To do the reflectors, just make a couple retangular boxes the size of the light opening. Cover the opening where the lens goes with foil. Self adheasive foil duct tape works well for me but you could also use kitchen foil. Just glue it to the opening and carefully smooth it down into the box, slowly as not to rip it. It just has to be smoothed in a bit to form a reflector area of the headlights.

Sorry I don't have any pics right now,, I did have a couple but they're missing from fotki at the moment.

Thanks, Steve! 

And Jonathan S, if you get a chance, could you repost your pics?  They had all timed out before I got to see them, and I was looking forward to having some WIP info for this kit.  TIA!

#26 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I need to get back to work on this one, after two failed paint job attempts, I am trying to strip the primer, are as much as I can and start over again.

#27 gary88

gary88

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Full Name:gary l ashley

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

want happen to ur pictures sir