Model Cars Magazine Forum

Holiday Wishes - The Official Happy Holidays Thread

And the very same to you John, and to everyone one else here on the Forum, and to all those who help to run and moderate it.... and to THE BIG KAHUNA. I also will be travelling to visit my Grandson for Christmas. Please, may everyone stay healthy and well.

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THE HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS TO ALL.

I celebrate them all. In addition, I'm in favor of including Saturnalia.

Saturnalia was an ancient Roman festival in honour of the deity Saturn held on December 17 of the Julian calendar and later expanded with festivities through December 23. The holiday was celebrated with a sacrifice at the Temple of Saturn in the Roman Forum and a public banquet, followed by private gift-giving, continual partying, and a carnival atmosphere that overturned Roman social norms: gambling was permitted, and masters provided table service for their slaves.[1] The poet Catullus called it "the best of days."[2]

The popularity of Saturnalia continued into the 3rd and 4th centuries AD, and as the Roman Empire came under Christian rule, some of its customs may have influenced the seasonal celebrations surrounding Christmas and the New Year.[7]

Edited by sjordan2

I love that picture... is there anyway you could get a better pic of it.

I have that picture also.....got it from my LHS (River side Hobbies) when they had went out of business on Dec 24, 2011 the picture is from a gift bag....it was my Avatar on the other Model Car Web Site....Really is cool.....

I now have it framed and hanging on the wall next to the X-Mas tree.....all other times it hangs in my Cave....

I could send you a pic of it...if you would like...thru your E-Mail..

Cheers...Don

Edited by XJ6

New to this forum but I also want to wish everybody Merry Christmas and health and happiness in the New Year. By the way, the world didn't end today. Must have been a bad Mayan joke.

On my way to work, Friday morning, I encountered the most beautiful rainbow I've ever seen. I'm thinking now that we got it wrong, it was the 'Mayan Rapture', as my evening commute was especially light. :wacko: