Aventador, Which is best, Aoshima or Fujimi?

• You cannot reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic

#1 stevehansen

stevehansen

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Full Name:steve

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

Question? Regarding the Lamborghini Aventador, Which kit is best & why, Aoshima or Fujimi???

I have looked around in the forums here, and see the Aoshima has more engine detail and the Fujimi has an extra set of wheels.

Thoughts??   

#2 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

Bear in mind I'm telling you this as someone who's test-fitted pretty deeply into both kits but hasn't finished either one:

If you prize ease of assembly and you don't mind the higher price, the Fujimi may work better for you.  It controls body sink marks a bit better, uses sliding molds to greater effect, includes photoetch in the standard version, and has fewer parts and that extra unplated set of wheels you mention (believe both sets are up-sized a scale inch as Fujimi likes to do).

By nearly any other measure, the Aoshima kit is apt to be more to your liking.  Even the version with the one-piece insert has more depth and detail in the engine bay area, the door hinges actually function, the tires are good P-zero representations, and the detail just pops more all around.  Aoshima's separate detail-up kit is a sweetheart, with photoetch, adhesive metal transfers, and floor mats.  And in those tiny, barely noticeable areas where the Fujimi and Aoshima bodies diverge, it's Aoshima that seems a wee bit closer.

Realllly like my Fujimi, love my Aoshima - I'm guessing Aoshima's will be the kit with greater general appeal.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis, 21 December 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#3 Exotics_Builder

Exotics_Builder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • Full Name:Gerry Paquette

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

Bear in mind I'm telling you this as someone who's test-fitted pretty deeply into both kits but hasn't finished either one:

If you prize ease of assembly and you don't mind the higher price, the Fujimi may work better for you.  It controls body sink marks a bit better, uses sliding molds to greater effect, includes photoetch in the standard version, and has fewer parts and that extra unplated set of wheels you mention (believe both sets are up-sized a scale inch as Fujimi likes to do).

By nearly any other measure, the Aoshima kit is apt to be more to your liking.  Even the version with the one-piece insert has more depth and detail in the engine bay area, the door hinges actually function, the tires are good P-zero representations, and the detail just pops more all around.  Aoshima's separate detail-up kit is a sweetheart, with photoetch, adhesive metal transfers, and floor mats.  And in those tiny, barely noticeable areas where the Fujimi and Aoshima bodies diverge, it's Aoshima that seems a wee bit closer.

Realllly like my Fujimi, love my Aoshima - I'm guessing Aoshima's will be the kit with greater general appeal.

Chuck has done an excellent quick review of them and I agree with his synopsis.  Note in his review that the Fujimi kit allows you to pose the doors open or closed whereas the Aoshima kit has working hinges.  I put mine aside, however, to work on the recent RoG SA Aperta and started analyzing the Fujimi F12 Berlinetta I got delivered just before Christmas.

#4 Metalmad

Metalmad

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Full Name:Seth Gee

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I have purchased the Aoshima kit with the up detail parts and the kit is nice. Would have liked a little more detail in the engine but over all its awesome. It will be awhile before I get to building it though since I have four other builds started. 

#5 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts
  • Full Name:Christian

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

avent.jpg

#6 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,294 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

And is this where they came up with "Murcielago?"

mucilage_zps11fc46b5.jpg

:lol:

#7 MyBradKeselowski

MyBradKeselowski

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Foote

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

I would go with the Aoshima mostly because of detail, crisp body molding and the PE detailing kit that really puts detailing to it.  And mostly the main reason is because I love my Aoshima kits... :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Edited by MyBradKeselowski, 23 February 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#8 stevehansen

stevehansen

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Full Name:steve

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thanks guys, got the Aoshima kit, it is great!   Now the problem is trying to decide color combo, 

#9 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts
  • Full Name:Christian

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

aventador_paint-job.jpg?w=710

#10 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,294 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Does Testors or Tamiya make a paisley?   :lol:

#11 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

aventador_paint-job.jpg?w=710

thats so wrong on so many levels

#12 Metalmad

Metalmad

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Full Name:Seth Gee

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

This is my next build. I purchased the Aoshima kit & the detail parts kit.

#13 Nxr

Nxr

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Full Name:Eugene Zaets

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Attached File  three-lamborghini-aventador-oakley.jpg   48.24KB   10 downloads

#14 JamesW

JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:James WastaWTF

Curb Appeal M.C.C. President

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for the tips. The Aventador is next on my list. I've been on an import buying frenzy the last month or so.

#15 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,078 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thanks for the tips. The Aventador is next on my list. I've been on an import buying frenzy the last month or so.

Cant go wrong with that, well,.........oh, better not say it :lol: