#1 Billy Kingsley

Billy Kingsley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Full Name:Billy

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:46 AM

Finished this one up just yesterday. Almost box stock kit, I rearranged the rear suspension to get it to sit lower. Of cource, that makes the nose look to high, so I will work on that the next time. I see two possible ways to lower the front, and I will experiment with them both and or a combination of the two-next time.
Kit decals, it is the second half of Monogram's "Rookie of the Year Combo"...I finished the first half (85 Ken Schrader) in April of 05...and I started this the same day!
The tires came in the collection I bought from Matt Trotta, I didn't feel like detailing any so I just used some that I got from him.
Paint is Testors Yellow and black, with a red interior, which I actually spray painted!
I almost made a few glaring mistakes on this one, but I checked my refrences (the book NASCAR Chronicle by Greg Fielden and the 1986 yearbook) and discovered that the window trim was black, and so was the net. I almost BMFd the trim and left the net red!
This one's been in progress since April 05, after the disaster that was the Ken Schrader car from the two-pack, I didn't want to touch this one, but I finally decided to give it a try, again, and it came out pretty good! I wish I hadn't decaled it so long ago, though....The decal work is not great, and I could have done a better job of it now, then I did then.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Matt T.

Matt T.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew T.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:47 AM

She looks great, Billy! Glad to see the tires put to good use too! :lol:

#3 SlipMahoney

SlipMahoney

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:49 AM

I don't see any problem with how the decals came out Billy, it looks good from here.