zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Maillardet

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Looking good everyone.

I think I might start work on mine in June...

#342 kekefe

kekefe

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Full Name:Keke Keke

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Posting this just to show i am in and starting little by little...

20130320_073150_zps900fad4f.jpg

#343 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,470 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

Okay I thought it would be great time to get this one rolling. So it's my '69 Torino Talladega which will have Ford Big Block and ProCharger. Well since I guess those two brothers who are going to participate in the race will drive High speeds with this one, I figured out I should make a proper Roll Cage for this one. Luckily I had Polar Lights' Petty Torino, which is same year model than this one. I'm scratchbuilding a cage from Plastic tubing using that cage as basis.

I Made some simple drawings of how to bend those tubes...

DSCN2029.jpg

Here's the start:

DSCN2028.jpg

This is where I am at right now:

DSCN2044.jpg

And I painted the engine block with primer. It needed only a bit sanding and smoothing before primer - but no putty or Bondo.

DSCN2043.jpg

#344 hacked

hacked

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Full Name:jeff barnett

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

hi Guys, did'nt get much done this month, weathers been to good. got the interior filled in and started under the bonnet, the motors from a tamiya amg mercedes and fits in the bmw chassic nicely. the biggest problem is the windscreen goes to far in the engine bay, i'll trim it back and start filling in the gaps. 

Attached Files

#345 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Full Name:frank russell matrau jr

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

i just found this thread and was wondering, is it too late to jump in on this one?   if not, my ride will be a 69 superbee.

#346 maltsr

maltsr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Scadden

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

i just found this thread and was wondering, is it too late to jump in on this one?   if not, my ride will be a 69 superbee.

Welcome Frank, it's open until the end of the year, so hope you have enough time LOL

#347 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

Welcome Frank, it's open until the end of the year, so hope you have enough time LOL

time shouldn't be an issue if i practice a little restraint(sic) and just do a nice clean "stock" build :D

#348 Bad Brad #2

Bad Brad #2

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Full Name:Jim James

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Here is a look at where I'm at after some painting.

002-40_zpse2c7fed6.jpg

001-43_zpsee1ff1c5.jpg

#349 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

is anyone else having issues putting up pix here??  i've been trying all day and keep getting a [stopped script] blah blah blah yadi yada....

anyhoo...my entry is the revell muscle 69 superbee 440 6pak.  since fuel economy is an issue here i've decided to ditch the 6pak in favor of a single 4bbl and i'm using an intake from an old johan petty nascar kit, pretty sure it was a superbird but might have been a roadrunner.  the carb comes from the engine parts box and i have no idea as to its origin.  tenatively, i'm running goodyear nascar eagles with nascar rims (but that could change) stance has been lowered 3 1/2 scale inches all around and the color will be grabber green w/ black interior.  sure wish i could get these pix up...if anyone might could maybe help with that, please do!

Edited by knarf, 01 April 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#350 Pro Wrench

Pro Wrench

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Full Name:Curt Scott

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

I finished the engine on the Corvette/Camaro, Cormaro, whatever...  The photos flatter it but the silvers were not as diverse as I'd hoped so in real life it's kind of flat. But I'm getting better at fuel lines. I should, it took two very patient evenings.

Engine1_zpsd3ab6d9b.jpg

Engine2_zps38efa6d7.jpg

Engine3_zpsfff344ac.jpg

This looks good. However, IF you are going for 100% accuracy, the fuel line for the fuel injection would never come from a mechanical fuel pump as they aren't capable of making the 45-65 psi of fuel pressure required. In fact, the late model engine blocks for the fuel injected cars aren't even cast with a provision FOR a mechanical pump. Just some info I'm throwing out there. If you are like me and don't really care about 100% accuracy none of this makes any difference though.

#351 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

S'all right.  You won't see that when it's installed and we won't tell anyone will we...

#352 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

No problem Curt. I didn't know that, but now that you mention it, it makes sense. I'm pretty open about not being a gear head so I just learn as I go. I can't shoot for 100% accuracy because I've already made a different, grievous error on the engine that I covered by trying to make it look like it's supposed to be that way (creating doubt is a great get-out-of-jail-free tool). And I don't mean the floating pulleys Harry. I won't divulge the answer until the end when everyone could care less.  :)

#353 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

:o you haven't got the firing order wrong have you!

I watched the movie yesterday as "research".  I'd forgotten how badly it's dated.

Still, it helped me firm up some design decisions and reinforced my belief that it's not about top speed, it's about not getting stopped.

So I was wracking my brains trying to decide what sort of vehicle would not get stopped (not an ambulance - we see the cops pull Burt over) and ended up thinking about Federal agencies.

And I think I have come up with a doozy of a paint scheme.  Something no cop in his right mind is going to want to pull over.

What is it?

Well that would be telling...

#354 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

is anyone else having issues putting up pix here??  i've been trying all day and keep getting a [stopped script] blah blah blah yadi yada....

anyhoo...my entry is the revell muscle 69 superbee 440 6pak.  since fuel economy is an issue here i've decided to ditch the 6pak in favor of a single 4bbl and i'm using an intake from an old johan petty nascar kit, pretty sure it was a superbird but might have been a roadrunner.  the carb comes from the engine parts box and i have no idea as to its origin.  tenatively, i'm running goodyear nascar eagles with nascar rims (but that could change) stance has been lowered 3 1/2 scale inches all around and the color will be grabber green w/ black interior.  sure wish i could get these pix up...if anyone might could maybe help with that, please do!

I had the same problem after photobucket changed.  When you copy and paste the link, delete anything that comes after "jpg" in the URL, and it will post.

Anyway, all of the builds are looking awesome, and I finaly have some progress to show on the Viper.  Chassis is pretty much a roller, minus the wheels, and the body has it's color coats on.  I airbrushed the testors One Coat Laquer for the first time and it worked a LOT better, I don't think I will even have to color sand before clear!  I was originaly going to clear coat the wheels, but I think they look better with a satin sheen. 

IMG_0412_zpsda0b1dee.jpg

IMG_0413_zps7f4164a2.jpg

IMG_0414_zpsfc73dbcf.jpg

IMG_0415_zps99c46071.jpg

IMG_0416_zpsd8f4c1e4.jpg

IMG_0417_zps8feaeec6.jpg

#355 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

:o you haven't got the firing order wrong have you!

1-in-64 chance of getting it right, I like those odds.

Hmm, something cops would avoid... nuclear waste? TNT? Biohazard? Chief of Police? Ohhhhhh wait. Would said vehicle be, perhaps, all black?

#356 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

"I had the same problem after photobucket changed.  When you copy and paste the link, delete anything that comes after "jpg" in the URL, and it will post"  

thanks Josh, i appreciate the help :D

#357 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

here's my entry

001_zpsb12c37bb.jpg

#358 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

here's my entry

001_zpsb12c37bb.jpg

yay!!  it worked :D   thanks again for the help Josh!

#359 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Smith

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

flamimg pink porsche gt2 cops would avoid it like the plague.
Or maybe a black Trans-Am ??????????????? ROTFLMBO

MIchael

#360 Agent G

Agent G

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,630 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Gray

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

You'd be surprised how an all black 4 door freaks people out on the freeway. I drive a Town Car and folks back down and refuse to pass me.

I'll get started on my entry soon. The last two months hasn't been the best of times for me.