#521 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

only bad thing so far is the side vent windows didn't survive the filing and grinding process to get the parts to mate.

Which is why on similar projects I prefer to make the cut behind the windshield frame and mate the tops. The kit glass will fit right and the roof seam is easier to fill & work than fiddly detail areas. I like what I see though and am very interested in seeing this materialize.

#522 TFchronos

TFchronos

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Lewis Mason

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Here's a quick run down on the GTX starting with a custom frame incorporating the Viper's front and rear end. The tires are from the Viper and the rims are from a 09 Challenger SE by Revell.

15479a5a-ea87-46a9-b7cb-f33923f857d5_zps

Did a far amount of modding to the body removing all emblems, window posts, trim along the wheel wells (to open them up a little), and the trim alone the bottom of the body. It can't be seen from the picture but I also recessed the gas cap so it's flush with the body. This idea was barrowed from the Daytona in Fast and Furious 6. The most notable change is in the grill, I shaved out the insides and replaced it with some wire mesh.

Post4Pic1_zpsab0aff13.jpg

I'm also changing the back end a bit. I'm going to body most of it in getting rid of the chrome, I think I'll leave the bumper chrome though. I'm also bringing the tail lights all the way across and relocating the back up lights into the bumper or something. I may put them in the center of the tail lights like a Challenger too, haven't decided yet.

Post5Pic3_zps7027202e.jpg

The body of a GTX has got a little bow to it, the roof however is flat so it doesn't really follow the body line it goes up hill a little towards the front. I always thought it looked a little off so I thought I'd change that on mine and lower the front just a little, not to give it an angry squinted look or anything, just lower it enough to keep it consistent with the body.

Now it should be noted that this is the first time I've ever tried lowering a roof and my inexperience showed. Using a lighter to warn the posts to bend them a little the plastic got to hot to quickly and curled all around. With one ruined I just cut the other side off and proceeded to make my own posts, hopefully I can make them look good, if not I'll have to locate another body. I wont be doing that again, at least not the way I did it.

Post65_zps70bfa48a.jpg

Anyway that's the past month in a nut shell for the GTX, the hot rod hasn't changed any, doing some planning right now mostly on colors.

Opinions, idea's, criticism it's all welcome.

Keep up the great work you guys! :)

Edited by TFchronos, 21 June 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#523 maltsr

maltsr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Full Name:Paul Scadden

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

That looks awesome Jonathan :o.  I hope the pillars work out OK.  If you attempt this again, try just bending the posts without applying any heat.

#524 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

I don't think it's too far gone to work the problem. I'd hate to see you toss out what you've done and start over. I'm on board with everything you've done so far and the posts are still manageable.

#525 slantasaurus

slantasaurus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Wagonrod

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Anybody get any building done ?? I have most of the painting done but haven't glued anything other than the engine halfs together. I've also had a few problems with my kit. After stripping the chrome off of some parts I managed to lose 1 of the carbs, also I noticed the engine doesn't have a water pump, alternator or any belts other than the blower. Seems I'm gonna have to raid my parts box when I finally get back home. I'll try to get the chassis together in the next few days and post some pics so you can see what you'll be up against.

#526 64SS350

64SS350

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Full Name:Karl Bates

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

I got some done, working on many unfinished projects when a bump in the rode pops up. Got some turbos, but they still look too big, have'nt located a good scale fit yet, need something in 1/25. May have to make them myself.

I found another section of the body that needed a little more straightening and jammin' this Vette motor into the Impala from another kit proves interesting!

#527 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

I'm on a bit of a hiatus from the bench. So nothing new to report.

#528 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Maillardet

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

I've got my Celsior engine mated to the 'cruiser transmission and sorted engine mounts but i'm stalled as I need wheels before I can go any further with the suspension and chassis and i'm waiting for Hobby Link Japan to get in the ones I want from Fujimi.

It's also too cold & damp to paint so I can't do that either.

However, this does mean i've been able to mate the spare 6 cylinder turbo diesel 'cruiser engine to a C6 for installation in a '70 Super Bee tow truck i'm also working on.

#529 ModlerChris1987

ModlerChris1987

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Full Name:Christopher Kuhn

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

Sorry i havent posted in a while but the Audi took s fall so i was going to switch over to a 68 dart and a 59 caddy

#530 TFchronos

TFchronos

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'm getting stuff done too, I've been working on the GTX I got the window posts to work to my liking so I'm not trashing the body or anything, I painted the engine's on the hot rod that's about it. I'll get pic's up sooner or later. I'm glad the forum up a running again, I look forward to seeing updates from everyone.

#531 slantasaurus

slantasaurus

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Wagonrod

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

However, this does mean i've been able to mate the spare 6 cylinder turbo diesel 'cruiser engine to a C6 for installation in a '70 Super Bee tow truck i'm also working on.

Zen, a turbo diesel 6in a 70 Super Bee tow truck ????????????...........That is just SOOOOO wrong on so many levels. :D

#532 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Zen, a turbo diesel 6in a 70 Super Bee tow truck ????????????...........That is just SOOOOO wrong on so many levels. :D

I couldn't help but think that too Ron,

anyways, glad we are all still atleast thinking about our projects :P

I'm trying to finish 2 mopars I started then I'll get back to my 502 powered '57 Chev....................ooooppps did I let that slip.

Nick

#533 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

A japanese turbo diesel 6 with a Ford trannie in a Dodge.  And sitting on a Chevy chassis ('70 Monte).

Something for everyone there.

:P

#534 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Full Name:frank russell matrau jr

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

ok...so while the forum was down there was an accident in the body shop while the'bee was in for colorsand and decaling,

Attached File  024n.jpg   320.98KB   1 downloads

so now as many 'bee parts as possible are going into this entry(hoping to use enuff to still be the same entry),

Attached File  045n.jpg   226.9KB   0 downloads

i'm calling it the super integrabee type R and here's some progress,

Attached File  054n.jpg   298.95KB   0 downloadsAttached File  057n.jpg   326.52KB   0 downloadsAttached File  058n.jpg   239.87KB   0 downloadsAttached File  061n.jpg   280.97KB   0 downloadsAttached File  062n.jpg   307.2KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

• Attached File  002n.jpg   256.67KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  001n.jpg   241.36KB   0 downloads

Edited by knarf, 14 July 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#535 TFchronos

TFchronos

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

Man that bites, but I really like the new car you're working on. Hope it works out for you.

#536 JM485

JM485

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Full Name:Josh Mouzakis

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Dang, what the heck happened?  That really bites but at least your new project is looking good!

#537 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,603 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

ok...so while the forum was down there was an accident in the body shop while the'bee was in for colorsand and decaling,

attachicon.gif024n.jpg

An accident? Yikes it looks like the mob had it taken out.

#538 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Full Name:frank russell matrau jr

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

thanks for the kind words guys :)  i dropped it while decaling it and then stepped on it when i went to pick it up...that really ticked me off(not a strong enough word but not cussin here right?).   this integra is almost falling together believe it or not and i've been wanting to build it as rwd and v8 powered since i received it as a glue bomb.  so far the only integra parts i['m using are the body and part of the interior tub.

#539 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

Interesting what turns of events come up as the year plods on. Then to go back in the thread and see where everyone started. Kind of fun.

It's summer hours at the Cormaro shop and it's impossible to get anyone to show up so I just swept and locked up until it's cold enough for dregs to come around again looking for a place with a heater. Maybe then they'll figure out how to convert the whole front clip to tilt without making it look clunky.

#540 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

An accident? Yikes it looks like the mob had it taken out.

I was with 2 bishops, the state premiere and a high court judge and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise... ;)