#41 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Well after much thought and consideration I have decided to use a Fujimi Porsche 911 Flatnose as my kit,now when I aquired the kit someone had removed the roof so I need to put that back on.Heres the kit.

Attached File  D3830A23.jpg   117.91KB   9 downloadsAttached File  F11C75C8.jpg   103.54KB   15 downloadsAttached File  15E7AB29.jpg   82.25KB   15 downloads

#42 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,187 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

So lets get to the Start Date:

January 1st 2013

Whatever happened to this?  :wacko:

#43 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts
  • Full Name:Eelco Egelmeer

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

huh, i totally missed that

i do apologize

#44 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

That's my excuse for not committing to anything yet ;)

#45 250 Testa Rossa

250 Testa Rossa

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Full Name:Maxx Kominski

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

Okay I'm almost finished with a 250 GTO. Count me in for a 1966 Yenko Stinger

#46 A.R.C.

A.R.C.

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:Adam Cordoza Cortez

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Hahaha!! I was thinking the same thing as I was reading Lunajammers post.

Nuttin but a buncha stinkin cheats in these parts!!!

#47 drunknmunky

drunknmunky

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Full Name:William Mason

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I haven't posted on this forum yet but this sounds interesting. I just got back into building cars after about an 8 year hiatus. Anyways, I have a few questions. Is there a limit as to how many people can enter? Also, can we sign up to enter now, even if we don't quite know what we're going to build yet? Thanks in advance for the answers.

#48 hvymtl

hvymtl

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Smith

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

"Of course you know certain skeptics note that perhaps 10,000 of the nation's most elite highway patrolmen are out there waiting for us after we start, but let's stay positively: Think of the fact that there's not one state in the 50 that has the death penalty for speeding... although I'm not so sure about Ohio."

Attached File  DSC00352.jpg   38.84KB   25 downloads

Michael

p.s. Nick Love the back story on the 57 along with Rob's on the Daytona

Edited by hvymtl, 25 December 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#49 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Is there a limit as to how many people can enter?

Nope.

Also, can we sign up to enter now, even if we don't quite know what we're going to build yet? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Yep. And you are welcome. Glad to have you on the forums.

#50 Lunajammer

Lunajammer

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Laliberte

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hahaha!! I was thinking the same thing as I was reading Lunajammers post.

Nuttin but a buncha stinkin cheats in these parts!!!

Ha! It's Photoshopped. You can see the photo's cut line behind the wheel where I slid the crop over. I was showing the plan. There's no chassis, it's resting on two untrimmed tires and a prop. So take that you you doody headed ninny wags.  :)  

Which brings up another point, is this forum too hot for smack talk? That can be fun too with the right crowd.

#51 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Note: that I haven't actually done anything to my entry, just pulled it out and cleaned it.

We still have a few days to go boys ;)

#52 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,098 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Ha! It's Photoshopped. You can see the photo's cut line behind the wheel where I slid the crop over.

I see it

#53 BKcustoms

BKcustoms

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Kaune

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Count me in! I'll probably build a GM G-body of some sort this time around.

#54 Nick Winter

Nick Winter

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,925 posts
  • Full Name:Nicholas J. Winter

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

p.s. Nick Love the back story on the 57 along with Rob's on the Daytona

Thanks Michael gives me something to do.

Nick

#55 sdangers

sdangers

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Full Name:Soren Danger Sorensen

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

Hey - this sounds like fun and could give me the kick of actually getting something done.

I´ll be using the ´78 Firebird TA 3 in 1 from Revell and look for inspiration from Year one and the Firebird from "The Wraith".

Pictures will be posted later when taken.

Cheers

Soren

#56 drunknmunky

drunknmunky

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

This sounds like a blast. Sign me up! No idea what I want to build yet but I have an idea. It involves 2 cars (separate entries but my story will tie both cars together). I'll have some pics of the kits, as well as my back story soon. Thanks to everyone who is participating and thanks to those running it!

#57 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,187 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Glad to hear it William. The Cannonball consistently pulls in some of the best builders and over all good folks. We've (knock wood) never had any sort of drama or hard feelings.

BTW, I'm in Tampa. Are you new to the area and are you involved with any of the local contests?

#58 drunknmunky

drunknmunky

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Glad to hear it William. The Cannonball consistently pulls in some of the best builders and over all good folks. We've (knock wood) never had any sort of drama or hard feelings.

BTW, I'm in Tampa. Are you new to the area and are you involved with any of the local contests?

I've lived in Clearwater my whole life. Short story here, I used to build years ago. I competed at a local hobby shop's contest twice a year. I did pretty well but that was in the junior category. Fast forward to about a month ago- my uncle (who originally got me into building) moved down here from Jacksonville. He had me come out to his local model Club just to hang out. Well I got the fever for plastic again and here I am today. I'm not the greatest builder but I have fun building. So to me that is the most important. I've never had been involved in a community build like this so I look forward to having a lot of fun and seeing some awesome builds.

#59 TFchronos

TFchronos

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Lewis Mason

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Well now that Christmas is over, which I hope everyone had a good one. I guess I can start thinking about my entry now. As soon I saw "unlimited" back on the voting thread I had the idea of a twin 426 Hemi hot/rat rod. The engines would be mounted long ways, chopped top with a few accessories. Try to make something sinister looking I've got most of the parts on hand to build and I haven’t come across anything like it yet in terms of models. But considering this is a cross country race one thing keeps coming back to bother me and that is the problem of fuel mileage. After some researching I've learned that on average they get about 7-12 mpg on a two carb intake. If both engines where running like that I would be stopping very often for gas. Which is not an effective to win the race.

So I had a few ideas on over coming this problem, I'm curious on all or your opinions on the car itself and the ideas below.

My first idea was to build a trailer with suspension that would house a secondary fuel tank. But then I read "Permanently fixed fuel tank that is not fully exposed." So my question is would a secondary tank inside on the trailer be allowed? I've seen a few rat rods locally that had beer kegs mounted to the back for fuel tanks out in the open so I was just curious. Either way I'm mostly likely going to build a trailer for it anyway I just thought I would ask about the extra fuel tank part.

My main idea for story purposes is to have both engines able to run but only have the back engine running all the time and a have a 2 piece adapter setup to connect the engines together along with a few quick links for the carb. Turn on the it’s fuel pump and it should be ready to go in about 20 minutes should I need the extra power.

Another would be single carbs on both engines limiting the power I shouldn‘t need a lot push this car.

A 5 or 6 speed tranny out of a viper or a vette or something.

If the tranny didn't pan out then taller gears in the back.

Or I could go with the cheap way and leave the front engine only being for show to conserve fuel mileage.

What do you guys think about it? Does it sound realistic or am I just speaking nonsense (cause I do a lot of that) :D

#60 HNTR

HNTR

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Wrobo

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

If this is more of building cars that race across the states and your looking at gas mileage and not getting caught by the cops, I guess I am going to have to withdraw myself. I actually thought this was more of a model build with some regulations in it, and that if it passed the prerequisites it was good to build. My Lincoln would pass all the specifications for the CBP but would definitley not be able to race across the country, and if that is part of the  judging I would have no chance. Can someone please clarify this so I can start collecting things for my build or so I can not worry about this build at all. Thank you