We've seen several threads over the years and we have griped endlessly about those kits that are just notoriously bad. Multi part bodies, interiors that are way too shallow, promo style chassis' that have suspension & exhaust molded in, metal axles through the engine block, lousy body dimensions and just general lousy kit design or molding.
And the really bad part is, 99% of us have at least one stinker in the 'ol stash.
Your challenge if you choose to accept it - break that bad kit out and turn it into something to be double proud of!
Start Jan. 1, 2013. Finish before the sun goes super nova.
You may enter this CBP at any time, so long as we see before and after shots at some point.
You have to use a really bad kit as the basis for your build. Now how bad a kit is, is open to opinion and opinions vary, but no one is gonna call you out your choice isn't as bad as others. It's all for fun after all.
It must be a car, truck or motorcycle kit, any scale.
You may build this kit any way you choose.
Fixing a really bad glue bomb qualifies as a bad kit.
Turning a 20 piece snap kit or curbside into a full detail build qualifies.
When you have chosen your kit, post up some pics of it and tell us a little bit about what's so nasty about it.
When you have done so, I will add your name to the roster.
There may be a peoples choice poll after the CBP wraps up, to let our fellow modelers decide who has produced the silk purse from the sows ear.
Please limit your entries to two.
That's about it. Now, go check that stash and pick out a loser to create a winner.
1. Nick Winter - AMT '69 T-Bird glue-bomb rebuild
2. A.R.C. - MPC Super Charger
3. Cool Hand - AMT '53 Flip Nose pick-up and Revell '56 Ford Pick-up
4. Jantrix - AMT '67 Pontiac GTO
5. 64SS350 - Chevy Vega glue-bomb rebuild
6. Wrecker388 - Dodge Charger glue-bomb rebuild
7. Road Runner79 - AMT Daytona Charger
8. W-409 - MPC '86 El Camino
9. Shardik - Monogram '39 Chevy Coupe
10. Craig Irwin - Revell '57 Ford Ranchero
11. Dodgefever - Revell '57 Ford Ranchero glue-bomb rebuild
12. Rmvw guy - Monogram '55 Chevy.
13. kc7wzl - AMT '53 Ford Flipnose p/u
14. scaleauto - '60 Ford Starliner glue-bomb rebuild
15. Erik Smith - Arii Porsche 904 gasser (yeah, you read that right)
16. Ron Hamilton - Johan '66 Rambler American glue-bomb rebuild
17. Jason Vandergriff - Revell '57 Chevy hardtop (yeah, THAT kit)
18. Draggon - AMT '61 Ranchero glue-bomb rebuild
19. Gothic Kustomz - Hasegawa '66 Bonneville and '66 DeVille
20. Kennyboy - Revell BRE/Datsun 240Z glue-bomb rebuild
21. Guybrush - MPC '72 GTO
Edited by Jantrix, 02 December 2013 - 04:50 PM.