#1 traditional

traditional

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Full Name:Clifford Read

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Ok, I realize that these 1955 Buicks are 1/26 scale and some of you may not handle that too well, but since I tend to collect and build in all scales, I enjoyed modifying and painting a civilian version from a $10 Maisto police car (a quick and relatively simple project). I also painted the wheels of the police car black ( instead of the chrome versions as modeled by Maisto).
These models will never be confused with super detailed models or 'precision diecast', but to me they're quite reasonably proportioned and interesting enough to include in my collection.

On the civilian Buick, various holes were filled and the paint is automotive basecoat/clearcoat with foil and fine wire trim and tiny paint details picked out with Humbrol and Tamiya .

I hope some of you may enjoy seeing both these diecasts.

PC260603.jpg

PC260609.jpg

PC260610.jpg

PC260608.jpg

#2 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Very ,  very nice !   I really like the blue and white version .  I guess being diecast the scale isn't real important and I wouldn't mind having them on my shelf !

#3 AzTom

AzTom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Allen

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Great colors on the blue and white one. The Police car looks much nicer with the rims painted black.

Although we appreciate telling us what scale they are, it does not matter here.  All scales are welcome!

I have from 1/256 to 1/6 scale :)

AzTom

#4 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Excellent Conversion!

The civilian one brings back some memories..........My great-grandmother had one with that roofline although I believe hers was a '54.

I like whatever looks correct no matter what scale it is! A lot of neat subjects can be missed due to scale "bigotry". ;)