#241 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Full Name:Mike

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

Dang Wayne, that's gonna look sweet when it's all smoothed out and painted! 

Edited by Custom Mike, 31 March 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#242 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Full Name:Al Matheny

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

hey guys, we are falling down the list. any progress? i finally stopped fighting myself and will do a complete frame under my 62 pontiac. still looking at other projects to finish, still getting the room in order, just havent focused on this build yet. now the debate is whether i get photo etched stuff for the chassis or not. never worked with it and my 53 year old eyes need more light to even see the parts on the trees let alone some microscopic part that i just know i will drop. some progress shots should be posted up this weekend. hope you all are doing something, hate to see this build go to the second or third page.

#243 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

I never found out if I could join, or if the build was too far along to be allowed.

#244 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

well, posts have been few and far between so nobody should object to another person jumping in, i say OK, does anyone object...

as soon as i send off some M/T's, Jamie should be jumping in also.

#245 hardhitter

hardhitter

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Full Name:jamie johnson

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

i dont oject!i want to see that thing done up.

You have that right Al i think i have everything lined up and ready to go with mock up. My 1st pro street build not box stock.so it will be my 1st rear stub install should be good.The good doctor's video have really helped out so will be sharing pics when i start on her. Thanks Jamie

Edited by hardhitter, 09 April 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#246 HNTR

HNTR

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Wrobo

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

I don't object. 

#247 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

i dont oject!i want to see that thing done up.

You have that right Al i think i have everything lined up and ready to go with mock up. My 1st pro street build not box stock.so it will be my 1st rear stub install should be good.The good doctor's video have really helped out so will be sharing pics when i start on her. Thanks Jamie

cool, the more the marrier, within the rules of course. let me state that i am part of this too cause i have just tore down the pontiac and am gathering up parts, but its like alot of posts. many people jumped in with both feet but have seem to have faded, hey life gets in the way, i understand completely, there were some awesome builds going on and i would like to see this thread continue.

not whining, just a hard core pro streeter at heart and love to see um!!! i will be posting up this weekend on the progress of mine. being a community build and having a friendly nudge by people posting thier progress every once in a while sure helps.

Jamie. i have your M/T's ready to go, i added some centerlines in there to give you a choice.

I don't object. 

very cool!! so Marshall, i guess your in!!

#248 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

I never found out if I could join, or if the build was too far along to be allowed.

Jump on in. The more merrier.

#249 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

OK, let's bring this baby up to speed again. I got my side window in place on the driver's side and did a quick test-fit with the chassis and interior to make sure I didn't have any issues, thankfully it fit like a glove! I didn't get so lucky with the six-pack air cleaner though, it was still a bit too tall. So I cut a huge groove i the bottom of it, and it finally fits and allows the hood to close properly. Then I got all the foil work done, all that's left now is the door handles, PE locks, front tires and back bumper and this baby will be done! If the on-call phone settles down tomorrow, I might be able to finish her off!

SuperDuster214-vi.jpg

SuperDuster216-vi.jpg

SuperDuster213-vi.jpg

SuperDuster217-vi.jpg

SuperDuster218-vi.jpg

SuperDuster219-vi.jpg

SuperDuster220-vi.jpg

#250 hardhitter

hardhitter

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Full Name:jamie johnson

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Ok guys i'm ready! This is my frist pro-street build i have a 86 monte carlo i got from a car show.still wrapped and opened it to find out it has been worked on before someone cut the engine compament out.So i'll take the monte and remove  the rear stub out of a 66 nove pro-street(which is not pro-street with slicks but thanks to good guys on the forums i got some big treads) and put it in the monte. (I HOPE) been watching the good dr's videos they really helped.so i post the pics and get to work thanks jamie

Attached Files

#251 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

Looks like a good choice Jamie, take your time and test-fit, test-fit, then test-fit some more! Converting a model to a Pro-Street model can be a real pain, but test-fitting  the chassis a billion or so times really helps get a good looking result!

#252 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

yea Jamie, real good people here to help!! do that monte justice pal, i had one started till the body got smashed. i remember these monte's tubbed out at the street machine nationals, slick looking cars. make sure you get it down low. not that hard to do. like mike said test fit many, many times. i bet i put the resin piece in my pontiac (se below) 20 times already and still have to to some trimming and gutting, and it's not even glued to the chassis yet.

anyways, finally got somewhere on my pontiac (pictures to come) i compromized with myself on the chassis and am going to back half it instead of scratch building one with a resin piece i got from a friend. will have to thin the wall of the tubs down cause they are way too thick. trying to swing a deal for some new pontiac 421 and other parts but it isn't going too well. will get some picts up tonight.

#253 wgflatliner

wgflatliner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Thompson

Posted 28 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

i'd like to get on this, albeit not right away as i need to get a couple kits off of my bench.

i have two entries for this:

1967 Chevelle Pro Street

Revell Monogram "Hot Rod" Pro Street Thunderbird (really cool kit btw)

i plan on detailing them out pretty nicely, including the opening the doors on the T-Bird.

#254 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

i'd like to get on this, albeit not right away as i need to get a couple kits off of my bench.

i have two entries for this:

1967 Chevelle Pro Street

Revell Monogram "Hot Rod" Pro Street Thunderbird (really cool kit btw)

i plan on detailing them out pretty nicely, including the opening the doors on the T-Bird.

sure, sounds like 2 great projects. only criteria is that they have to be street legal and they cant be more tha 25% built. other than that, welcome.

#255 wgflatliner

wgflatliner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

sure, sounds like 2 great projects. only criteria is that they have to be street legal and they cant be more tha 25% built. other than that, welcome.

Both are treaded tires all around and aren't even started. Finishing a stock 69 charger, then finishing a couple vettes then the pro streets.

Edited by wgflatliner, 01 May 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#256 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Both are treaded tires all around and aren't even started. Finishing a stock 69 charger, then finishing a couple vettes then the pro streets.

great!! looking forward to them. well, i finally got something done on my pontiac, trade finally went thru, thanks Casey, a real stand up guy. need to get this chassis straightened out before the parts get here. like i said, was going to go full tube chassis, but i had this resin piece laying around, so i thought i would use that and just back half it with more chassis bracing. will get to the trunk area this weekend. i added a shot of what it looked like before i tore it apart.

Attached Files

#257 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Full Name:Dale Shearon

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

If anyone is interested, here is the diagram and tubing specs for full bodied car roll cages from my NHRA rule book. I can link the full Super Street section if anyone is interested in realism. 

I have a build to finish and will be adding a Fair/velle to the mix around the end of the month.

Dale

Attached Files

#258 wgflatliner

wgflatliner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

thanks!  the thunderbird is going to be interesting, and it's all molded in a bright pink.  i'll need to add sunglasses to my list of required tools.  :P

your pontiac looks good!

#259 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

If anyone is interested, here is the diagram and tubing specs for full bodied car roll cages from my NHRA rule book. I can link the full Super Street section if anyone is interested in realism. 

I have a build to finish and will be adding a Fair/velle to the mix around the end of the month.

Dale

ME!!! ME!!!! i would be interested. question, do you have anything on full tube cassis cars?

#260 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Full Name:Dale Shearon

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

ME!!! ME!!!! i would be interested. question, do you have anything on full tube cassis cars?

I'll work on that later tonight and convert it to a pdf for posting here. I did research on Pro Mod builders recently and have a catalogue from a chassis builder I can share. It has cool drawings and stuff of various designs of tube chassis.

Edit: Here's the info on chassis. It comes from ChassisWorks.com.

Link:http://www.cachassisworks.com

Edit: I'm having trouble uploading PDF files to the forum and viewing them, so I added files to my Google Docs folder. They are all public and contain schematics of tube chassis and other info useful for scratch building Super Street / Pro Street / Pro Mod cars.

Watch out for the ChassisWorks Catalogue, it's a big file. The Pro Mod file is all chassis diagrams.

I have added the Super Street section of the current NHRA rulebook to the list, too. Be my guest.

Link: https://drive.google...dDg&usp=sharing

Dale 

Edited by ScaleDale, 03 May 2013 - 03:59 AM.