Nice set-up. I like the looks of the wagon body on the Pro style undercarriage. Great looking wheels, too. I have a bunch of resin coming this week and I think the ones I ordered are similar to these. I'll see soon. Is that the full Nova undercarriage with some scratch built shims or did you splice the two frames like I did? I need to look back through this thread to see the earlier photos of your build.
Building headers is a challenge. I have been able to bend rod to simple angles with a heat gun and a block of wood as an angle guide, but the multiple bends required to get them around an engine bay are beyond me at this point. Keep us posted on your progress with this.
Tha nks for sharing your time.
Hey Dale and thanks! The Wagon body looks pretty good with the Pro Street Chassis too. The chassis is from AMT '66 Nova Pro Street. The Frame is stretched from the front end, and it's bit widened from the sides too. Then I added that small piece of styrene to the back, so now it fits pretty good. Other things were done by previous owner, I just did some cleanup for them.
looking realy slick, this is one of the different ones being built!! will have to get used to the WW though..... used to seeing "Hoosiers" on them tires.
Thanks Al! Yes, I haven't seen many of these being built (What A Suprise !). I'm still not sure about the White Walls either, since I do have some Hoosiers and other Frontrunners... Lets see what tires I end up with...
Well I got the other Header pretty much done. I have built a few Headers before, and I've always used solder. It's easy to bend to shape and it's possible to bend it back if it goes too much. I started by making the Header Flanges. They are made from Sheet Styrene and the headers cover them completely, so I wasn't too scared about even if they were not 100% perfect. The Headers were bent to shape and glued to place. I still need to make another one, but I ran out of solder so I must pick a new pack of it tomorrow. Collectors are still missing, too.