#301 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,152 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

Think this shows any promise? It's an '88 Buick Regal if you're curious....

003-vi.jpg

I'm not even going to start on this one until I've had some progress on the Chevelle and Falcon, though. ;)

#302 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts
  • Full Name:Al Matheny

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Think this shows any promise? It's an '88 Buick Regal if you're curious....

003-vi.jpg

I'm not even going to start on this one until I've had some progress on the Chevelle and Falcon, though. ;)

might be pretty cool. plop a GN motor or make a twin turbo Buick V-6, put a wing on the back and get it low like back at the start of pro street in the 80's and 90's. dare to be different!!

#303 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

revels j2 kit would work of frame or promod kit would work too  amt['s 66 nova would too

#304 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

That Buick will definitely work Chuck! I think the Revell J-2000 would make the perfect chassis donor for it also. They still go pretty cheap on ebay. Just get back to work on that Falcon! My next one is either going to be a '61 or a '65 Falcon. The chassis from the '66 Nova is practically a drop in on the '65. But, it doesn't set quite low enough. My '61 is more than likely going to get a scratchbuilt tube chassis. I also have a '53 Studebaker with a scratchbuilt tube chassis that I may get back in on. Decisions, decisions....

Questions for Wayne: when do we post photos of our finished builds? Are you going to open a separate thread for them or just post them in this thread?

#305 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,152 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

I'm actually using a Matt Hay T-Bird chassis under the Buick- the wheelbase is almost dead-on. I might repower it with a Buick 455, but that 3.8 turbo sounds tasty too.

#306 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Full Name:Dale Shearon

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

I got a bit sidetracked by this Pro Stock idea I've got going, but I should get the fine points of the fairlane wrapped up in a day or so. I wanted to use an airbrush stencil I had from Coast Airbrush but the idea didn't work out on my test body, so I painted it black, acanned it and made a decal out of it. It's from a collection called Steam Punk. Dr. Cranky used one on a build of his. A '49 Merc, no doubt...

liiv.jpg

Dale

#307 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Finished! I will put the rest of the pics in the Under Glass thread tomorrow. I had a lot of fun with this and learned some more about building. Especialy about roll cages (they are hard to fit from kit to kit) and aftermarket slicks (they are so friggin' heavy they almost pulled my cars rear off). Thanks to all for your interest and support. I'll keep checking this out while I work on my Mustang.

Dale

y6sf.jpg

uavj.jpg

7gnv.jpg

Oh. I lost a drivers side back window. Maybe it will show up some day. Ever have that happen? Never? I don't believe you ;)

Edited by ScaleDale, 19 June 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#308 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Nice progress by so many. I'm home for a couple of days so maybe I can get something done.

#309 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

how about using the wild intake from mat hay's bird on a 455 buick? its a wild car as is

#310 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

so, everyone still building? glad the problem is solved and we are back up and running. I got more done on the Pontiac. have to shoot some pictures and post them up. I also started another project. a 32 highboy I am pro streeting. keep the progress updates coming.

#311 knarf

knarf

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Full Name:frank russell matrau jr

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

nope, straight out the fenders

yes!

#312 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

well, not much to report, but it is a report. with many attempts I finally got the back half floor and tubs together. will get the frame started this weekend.

Edited by tubbs, 19 July 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#313 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:35 AM

boy, we are slipping down the page.....

got some more done on the Pontiac. I know, pictures needed and wanted, I understand!!! patience is a virtue. getting the floor pan all sanded, looking for brace points. mocking up of the motor is coming out good. nothing so far hs made me give up on this one.... yet.

#314 ScaleDale

ScaleDale

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

I cleaned the floor the other day and found the lost side window to my Fairlane. Wonders do never cease! Now I can finally finish that build.

Off to the NHRA Northwest Nationals this weekend at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington. I have tickets for time trials and tech inspection today and finals on Sunday.

By!

Dale

#315 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

UH-OH!! we are slipping guys. we got passed by the lowriders and the MG guys.... anyways, have a camera that will not cooperate so no picts, but got a little more done on the 62 Pontiac, started on the interior paint, body primed. looking to add some bracing to the already beefed chassis. looking to cut the drivers door open, looks to be a real challenge with the way the door line meets the front window trim. not a lot of room, but if I can do it, it will look really neat. got the motor mocked up. starting to take shape. at the rate I am moving, it should be done by Christmas of 2015!!

#316 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,152 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

Here's the Falcon as of today...

8-vi.jpg

#317 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

I really like that little Falcon Chuck!! Perfect choice on the wheels and tires! What do you have planned for the engine or do you already have it in there? I have a Trumpeter Falcon that I'm planning on starting sometime soon. The entire chassis from the AMT '66 Nova is practically a drop in. Or...... I may get in on this '61....

001-7.jpg

I'm thinking a scratchbuilt tube chassis, big engine and slammed to the ground. I'm gonna see how the chassis from the Matt Hay Thunderbird fits before I attempt the scratchbuilt chassis though. That'll save me a lot of work. I gotta finish up my '60 Ford pickup and trailer along with a few other projects first.

#318 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,152 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Oh, that Nova chassis does indeed practically drop in- I did have to "Fordify" mine a little, though. :D Here it is about halfway through that process...

7-vi.jpg

For power I'm going with the SBF/four-speed from the '67 Mustang that coughed up its suspension bits, but fitted with EFI and a centrifugal supercharger- or maybe dual McCulloughs.

#319 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Oh, that Nova chassis does indeed practically drop in- I did have to "Fordify" mine a little, though. :D Here it is about halfway through that process...

7-vi.jpg

For power I'm going with the SBF/four-speed from the '67 Mustang that coughed up its suspension bits, but fitted with EFI and a centrifugal supercharger- or maybe dual McCulloughs.

sounds killer Chuck!! I cant see the pictures here at work so I will have to take our word for it. the only thing that sounds a little kiltered is the EFI is a lot more modern than the McCulloughs. that sounds just "old school" to me. I would go with  the EFI/supercharger myself. btw, is the falcon a resin piece? I want a 62/3 sooooooo bad, but will not reach in the pocket for one.

#320 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,152 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

My Falcon is an original AMT annual, but the hood and seats are resin repops by Modelhaus. AMT turned the '66-70 Falcon tooling into a modified stocker sometime in the '70's, so I doubt it'll ever be reissued.