#321 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • Full Name:Al Matheny

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

My Falcon is an original AMT annual, but the hood and seats are resin repops by Modelhaus. AMT turned the '66-70 Falcon tooling into a modified stocker sometime in the '70's, so I doubt it'll ever be reissued.

not what I wanted to heat..... I need to find me a couple of falcons... not that I need more projects........ well, yea, yes I do need more projects!!!

I need to get hoppin on my Pontiac too...

#322 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,909 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

not what I wanted to heat..... I need to find me a couple of falcons... not that I need more projects........ well, yea, yes I do need more projects!!!

I need to get hoppin on my Pontiac too...

Best way to a '66-70 Falcon is to dig up some old glue bombs and/or broken promos, pirate the usable stuff from each car, and (worst case scenario) use the Modelhaus stuff to fill in the blanks.

#323 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

Chuck's right. Fear not the glue bombs. Every rare build or project I have started life as a glue bomb. Sometimes, you can score an unpainted build pretty cheap. I bought a pretty nice '62 Galaxie promo that was just dirty, unpainted and had aftermarket wheels on it for $40 plus shipping. The '61 Falcon in my previous post only cost me $26 with shipping. This little '61 Comet was only $22 and change shipped. It still had the original wheel covers and tires. This one makes two that I now have. Patience and diligence will pay off.

010_zpsea3ae136.jpg

#324 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,909 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

Patience and diligence will pay off.

And just to say... I personally exhibit NEITHER patience nor diligence, and I've managed to find a few rare oldies. If I can sniff a few out, anybody can. B)

#325 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

I want a 62/3 sooooooo bad, but will not reach in the pocket for one.

Check this out Al.  http://www.spotlight...t19fofa2bu.html

#326 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

TEASERS!! ALL OF YOU!! ........... oh, dear......... why you look gorgeous today.......

i only need the body though, everything else will get tossed.

seriously, thanks for the heads up!!

#327 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

If you just want the body Al, get one from the Modelhaus. Check it out... http://www.modelhaus...1&Submit=Search   I may get one of these myself.

#328 freakshow12

freakshow12

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Full Name:fred mckee

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

Anyone still doing this? I just stretched the wheel wells on a 67 chevelle I'm playing with...

#329 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

hehe, yep, still building....... when time allows. got a few more on the bench.

stretched the wells, what chevelle are you building. I have quit a few of those (revel and AMT ones) but they all get ripped apart for parts. would love to see what you are doing. i have turns a few street cars into race cars though. i have to go back and actually see what i said i was working on......

#330 freakshow12

freakshow12

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

It's the revell 67 chevelle. The wheel wells are tiny for the big firestones. Here is what I'm up to so farAttached File  image.jpg   46.59KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   68.1KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   49.19KB   0 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   54.13KB   0 downloads
I stretched them 6mm. Had a spare junk body to get the piece from. Leaning towards a deluxe 604 milodon resin big block. Cowl hood. Maybe efi. Maybe a procharger. Not sure. Just going to get the look I want first

#331 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:34 AM

Nice work on stretching the fenderwells Fred. Are those slot car wheels? I may build another pro streeter for this CBP once I get my short bed, chopped and slammed '62 F-100 built. I have a Trumpeter '64 Falcon and chassis from the AMT '66 Nova ready to go when the time comes.

#332 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:32 AM

It's the revell 67 chevelle. The wheel wells are tiny for the big firestones. Here is what I'm up to so far I stretched them 6mm. Had a spare junk body to get the piece from. Leaning towards a deluxe 604 milodon resin big block. Cowl hood. Maybe efi. Maybe a procharger. Not sure. Just going to get the look I want first

I did not realize those were so small a wheelwell. great job on the stretching. I rob most of the parts from these kits and have yet to build one. where are you getting the resin motor from. have never used a resin motor but I am going to give VCG resins a call and cet a few of Manny's motors. would like to see more of this bad butt machine.

#333 freakshow12

freakshow12

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

That's where I am getting the engines from. I may also get a Ross Gibson. Sonnys 732 for it. Wheels are billet specialties street lites from micro nitro. Paint is going to be tu tone but that is a ways away yet. I build the entire car then break it down for paint.

#334 DriftingRookie

DriftingRookie

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Ashley

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

I'll join in with a parts box build

#335 DriftingRookie

DriftingRookie

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Ashley

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

I'll be using the amt 65 gto and the revells dart frame, engine is undecided might use the darts engine or might go another way
I'll be using the amt 65 gto and the revells dart frame, engine is undecided might use the darts engine or might go another way

#336 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

That's where I am getting the engines from. I may also get a Ross Gibson. Sonnys 732 for it. Wheels are billet specialties street lites from micro nitro. Paint is going to be tu tone but that is a ways away yet. I build the entire car then break it down for paint.

Manny's a great guy, known him for a while now. never used a Ross Gibson motor. going to be a killer ride, keep us posted.

so, you piece the whole thing together (probably with white glue) tear it down, paint, and put it all back together? WOW, where's the challenge in that? joking, smart way to build. I am still correcting the "one thing leads to another" problems on my dart build. only if I'd had done it your way.....