#21 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Wayne- count me in- I'm just not sure what vehicle I'll be using or when I'll jump in.

'67-72 body style, or '73-79 stylle? If you want the former, you could go with the R&R Vacuumcraft '72 (which isn't the best quality wise), or wait for the Moebius kits to come out later in the year. For the latter you could go with the AMT '79 F-350, though you'd have to do something about the long Camper Special-spec bed. Unless any Ford truck will do- you could also find the AMT Ford Courier, which would make a really nice little Pro Street hauler. There were a few different versions of that one- one with a stock long Styleside (wideside) bed, and one with an aftermarket Flareside bed- the Flareside version reissue from around 1995 seems to be the easiest and cheapest to find. Both the AMT F-350 and Courier kits have separate frames and multipiece beds, so back-halving and tubbing them shouldn't be a big deal.

Cool, thx. for the Info Chuck.

#22 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

I got a project thats been on the shelf for years, can i join with that.

#23 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

I got a project thats been on the shelf for years, can i join with that.

As long as it fits the "no more than 25% completed" then your good to go.

#24 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,831 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Okay- think I've got something here...

ST001_zpsff631e49-vi.jpg

This would be Revell's 67 Malibu kit. The blower setup and drive belt are from the Revell '68 Corvette kit- these parts are a DIRECT swap for the Malibu's kit-based intake, FYI. I've also lowered the car a bit, but I'd say this thing is a long way from finished, much less 25% of the way there.

#25 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Wayne- count me in- I'm just not sure what vehicle I'll be using or when I'll jump in.

'67-72 body style, or '73-79 stylle? If you want the former, you could go with the R&R Vacuumcraft '72 (which isn't the best quality wise), or wait for the Moebius kits to come out later in the year. For the latter you could go with the AMT '79 F-350, though you'd have to do something about the long Camper Special-spec bed. Unless any Ford truck will do- you could also find the AMT Ford Courier, which would make a really nice little Pro Street hauler. There were a few different versions of that one- one with a stock long Styleside (wideside) bed, and one with an aftermarket Flareside bed- the Flareside version reissue from around 1995 seems to be the easiest and cheapest to find. Both the AMT F-350 and Courier kits have separate frames and multipiece beds, so back-halving and tubbing them shouldn't be a big deal.

I just got a cool idea from your post Chuck and may build it later on. Take the '79 F-350 cab and modify a '53 flareside bed to go on the back of it. B)  I'm almost done with my Comet project. So, hopefully I'll be getting in on this soon. I'll post photos of my project later or I may just go ahead and start on that F-150 project. ;)   

#26 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,831 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

I just got a cool idea from your post Chuck and may build it later on. Take the '79 F-350 cab and modify a '53 flareside bed to go on the back of it. B)  I'm almost done with my Comet project. So, hopefully I'll be getting in on this soon. I'll post photos of my project later or I may just go ahead and start on that F-150 project. ;)   

It'll work- just turn the flareboards down to 90 degrees and maybe find a different tailgate if you want to make it look like a stock '70's Flareside. Just using the '53 bed on that truck as-is looks okay though, too- I think I have one around here somewhere I built like that.

#27 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

It'll work- just turn the flareboards down to 90 degrees and maybe find a different tailgate if you want to make it look like a stock '70's Flareside. Just using the '53 bed on that truck as-is looks okay though, too- I think I have one around here somewhere I built like that.

Yeah, the bedsides are also a little taller. But, it could be where the flareboards are flat instead of angled. I've got an old bed from the 1/24 '55 kit that may just do the trick. The extra size of it may be a benefit for stuffing big tires under it.

#28 sdangers

sdangers

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Full Name:Soren Danger Sorensen

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Hey

Being a big fan of Pro Street cars, i just HAVE to join this. As i also have joined the "Cannonball" build, i might be a few days late starting this one.

My choise of car is a 69 GTO with "The Judge" trim. Body will, besides the hood, be stock - major changes will be done to the undercarriage, engine bay AND interior.

Also found the wheels to use for this build, but might change my mind on those if something better comes up.

Here are a few pictures of kit and wheels

SAM_0076_zps2065a9bb.jpg

SAM_0083_zpsccbeb410.jpg

I´ll be following all other builds with great interest and for inspiration.

Cheers

Søren

#29 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts
  • Full Name:Eelco Egelmeer

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

looks like a great start Soren

i think we are using the seem rubber (though my front ones are skinnier)

got a mill picked out yet ?

im pretty stagnant on my build...mostly waiting on parts

so far ive put together the engine bay (which will remain stock) and decided on a paint scheme

the main clolour will be red, with a white panel running down the side and the stock white decals

i also cut out the wheel wells but wont be able to build them back up again untill i get the rear end in the mail

i also ordered a motor for this build because the 390 is cute but it just doesnt have any power adders and i dont want to run it in stock trim (after all, this is pro street, not poser street)

#30 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

quick little mock up on my build

1357073096.jpg

the body will be painted red (think i mentioned that before) and the raised shoulder line will be painted white

nothing more i can do untill i get the drivetrain in

#31 Shardik

Shardik

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Full Name:Johann H. Buerfeind V

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

Since there's no time limit,  I'll check back in later...as soon as I can figure out how to shoehorn a 427 SOHC into a '40 ford pickup :D !

By the way, what's a good source for the monster meats out back?

Edited by Shardik, 02 January 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#32 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

not a whole lot to show but i got the doghouse going

(still waiting on that engine to get here, rear end will be from a lincoln so that should drop right in)

1357171132.jpg

1357171092.jpg

now i know these are usually black but i wanted it to be a little more classy then that so i decided to match it to the body :)

#33 streetmachine11

streetmachine11

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Full Name:jason schofield

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

ill join as well

il be replicating my 1 to 1 of a 72 plymouth duster

if its not to late that is

jason

#34 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

ill join as well

il be replicating my 1 to 1 of a 72 plymouth duster

if its not to late that is

jason

This is an open CBP with no time table. Join in whenever you can.

#35 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Since there's no time limit,  I'll check back in later...as soon as I can figure out how to shoehorn a 427 SOHC into a '40 ford pickup :D !

By the way, what's a good source for the monster meats out back?

The AMT '70 Super Bee has a nice set of matching M/T Sportsman front and rears. The older AMT pro street kits had no name rears that looked like M/Ts, but had no name on the sidewalls and are a touch smaller. Revell's '41 Willys has some nice rear tires,but they are a little narrow. Revell's old pro street kits had wide rear tires (Firestones), but personally, I don't like them. They have the tread pattern molded too far into the sidewall and have a mud grip look to them.   

#36 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

This is what I have in mind right now. If I do go with it, there will have be a lot of changes done to it. First, is the stance. It sets way too high in the front end,but the headers are already as close to ground as allowable. It has the front clip/rear tubs from a '70 Super Bee under it. The Hemi with the headers wouldn't fit in the Duster's front clip. That may be the problem. I may just ditch the Hemi and clip and go back with the original Duster clip and the fuel injected small block. Maybe then, I can get the front lowered down to where I want it.

018-9_zps7f06a41f.jpg

022-8_zps692638d5.jpg

#37 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Roger, check to see how much material you could grind away from the firewall/bellhousing tunnel in order to raise the engine enough for the headers to clear the ground if you lowered your existing front end.

#38 diymirage

diymirage

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

what if you were to just run manifolds instead of headers?

#39 sdangers

sdangers

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Full Name:Soren Danger Sorensen

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hey

I´ve been sorting out some parts to give the GTO a little more power and took some mock up´s to show You what my plan is. Don´t mind the wheels - they need to be sitting deeper, so that i can lover the ride height a bit B)

SAM_0090_zps7fe61bcc.jpg

SAM_0088_zpseb68a5e1.jpg

That´s all from me for now - thanks for looking.

Cheers

Søren

#40 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,334 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Headers and stance are now fixed. Now, I just have to mock up the interior,build a streetable roll cage and find some decent wheels for it. Then, I'll be ready for primer, paint and details.

023-1_zpsbe802ff1.jpg