#41 JasonFL

JasonFL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Brackney

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Hey bob, some excellent work you did. The chop top made a world of difference. I'm not a fan on the car on the box art or the image of the real thing but I do think it has potential. I think your on the right track, the things that bother me some are for one, those nasty door handles, takes away from that beautiful molding. The next would be (not sure how to explain it) but its the the rounded bulge body line of the station wagon. I wouldn't say delete it but I would delete the part that runs into and through that once again beautiful molding. And for that front bumper, I know why it looked good flipped. It's because it made the car look like its not coming to such a point. If you look at it from a side view the way it originally is you can see that the bottom the bumper looks hiked up but when you flipped it the bottom of the bumper lined up with the bottom of the cars rocker (maybe get rid of the fog light set up). Hope that made sense. I would either flip it like you had it or cut it in half and extend it down to line up. These are just my opinions, other then that I think everything else looks great. Can't wait to see it all finished up, I'll be watching.

#42 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

I had lost interest in this build and it was in danger of being boxed up and forgotten forever ,  so I decided to make it a curbside and finish it quick !

So I glued the hood shut and sanded everthing smooth for paint .

Here's the base coats .

21_zpsb85b1f5a.jpg

22_zps1fd17de6.jpg

And here's the color .  It's Duplicolor Chili Pepper Red .

23_zps92344980.jpg

24_zps494c1188.jpg

I should have it cleared later today ,  then after a couple of days I can do a little BMF and finish it up !

#43 bobthehobbyguy

bobthehobbyguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Taber

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

TooOld,

Can't see your most recent pictures( message says pictures were moved.  Looked at the last post you did with pictures and I can see them.

Glad to see you are finishing this up would be shame if it wasn't done.

bobthehobbyguy

#44 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

I'm using the " New and Improved " photobucket now so maybe that's the problem .  Here they are again .

21_zpsfed44290.jpg

22_zpsac50c088.jpg

23_zpsc1a615d1.jpg

24_zps319588b0.jpg

#45 bobthehobbyguy

bobthehobbyguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Taber

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Thanks I can see them now.  Like the colors.

bobthehobbyguy

#46 Ramfins59

Ramfins59

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts
  • Full Name:Richard Manson

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Great looking car Bob.  The work you've done is excellent and I love that color.