Well, I only finished 2 cars this year and this was the first, a Revell 1/25 1949 Mercury custom that I built to compete in box-stock class. I painted it with an old bottle of "Pearl Coral" Pactra R/C car paint over white Plasticote primer, then clearcoated it with Duplicolor clear lacquer which was then wetsanded with 2,000 grit and rubbed out with Novus #2 plastic polish. I built it in about 2 weeks and finished it at 12:30AM the morning of a model contest over on the coast where it won Best Paint and Best Custom sittin' there reeking of my hours-old Testor's flat black underhood paint, LOL
Please forgive the low-res pics, my camera is an old 3.34Mp model
Here's the completed chassis and interior:
I kept the interior pretty simple since you can't really see it much with the chopped top- the white is just the primer, then I airbrushed flat copper acrylic panels. I painted the dash the body color, then masked off the radio and speaker grille and metalized them. The kit decals included 2-3 different gauge styles, which is a nice touch.
The color is a little bit off in my pics- it actually shows a more "coppery" tinge in brighter light.
Thanks for looking! -Mike