This one stretches way back in history to my BMC days, Sam (Sam I Am over here on MCM) and a couple of other guys had tossed this idea around prior to my joining, but nothing ever came of it. I arrived, and it popped up again somehow, and I volunteered my services to make it a reality. So Sam sent me an AMT '71 Duster kit, and the nose and wing from AMT's horrible '69 Daytona kit, and I made them magically come together. If Fotki wasn't being such a pain, I'd post some of the pics of what it took to get it looking the way it does, but nooooo! 95% of the progress pics are missing at the moment, so we'll just have to start with current pics, if the original pics ever come back, I'll post a few. This one has large amounts of Acrylic Filler around the nose, and it shows zero signs of shrinkage, even though it was completed back in 2007! Here's some pics of how she looks right now, let the completion of this long suffering build commence!
When you see this, it means I did it! Otherwise, I'm completely innocent unless you have witnesses!
And the nasty little chip in the paint...it wasn't like this when I sent it to Sam, so give him grief for it, it's gonna be a bear to fix!
And a few close-ups of the nose. I took build this on for Sam mainly because I wasn't happy with my '71 Daytona's bodywork around the nose, so this one allowed me to fix my mistakes. It's also where I learned that you could cut a perfect panel line in Acrylic Filler, along with character lines from the existing body.! The underside of the nose has the lower pan from AMT's '71 Charger molded in, this was done to cover the front suspension and K-member that was clearly visible from the front.
Edited by Custom Mike, 07 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.