51 replies to this topic

#41 disabled modeler

disabled modeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

I don't care what anyone says....I love it!...one of my favorite body styles Pontiac made I liked every aspect of the real thing.  I have one from my dads old collection to restore once the parts are found for it. My family owned a 69 and 70 both were beautiful cars and ran! 

#42 GeeBee

GeeBee

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • Full Name:Geoff Brown

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Superb build, faultless finish on the paint, and real nice job on the chrome trim ...

#43 Jeff Johnston

Jeff Johnston

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

I remembered who does that era Grand Prix. Missing Link Does a very nice resin version of this kit.

Some folks mentioned that R & R does one and that's probably true, but I'm sure it's a challenge to build compared to the missing link version. My experience with R&R is that they do some interesting subjects, and charge reasonable prices, but you work A lot harder for the end result. I'd never buy one sight unseen...whereas with the missing link products I would not hesitate to buy one sight unseen. Albeit they are more expensive.

Again Ron, beautiful model

#44 Ron35369

Ron35369

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Decker

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Thanks again guys for all the great comments. I agree with you, Jeff, about MPC although back when I was a kid building kits I really didn't pay any attention to sloppy chassis alignment...I worried more about how the body looked & MPC was usually pretty spot on, where Revell back in the old days was some BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH. Now Revell is setting the bar for accuracy & detail where Round 2 is just reissuing the same old innacurate MPC kits. Don't get me wrong...I'll take an innacurate MPC over nothing at all. I've done several of the R&R resin kits & yes they are somewhat challenging. Unfortunately, for most of what they offer, they are the only game in town. I've seen the MIssing Link Grand Prix on Ebay & I think it's the 71-72 version with single headlights. I will have one of those also, eventually. Now I just gotta figure out how to live long enough to build all the kits I have waiting :)  Oh how I long for the days when Art Anderson was in the resin casting business with his All American Models. His work was right up there with The Modelhaus for quality & at a reasonable price. If I just had a time machine...

#45 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,152 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

My, that is lovely! And that's coming from a guy who normally doesn't care much for the Grand Prix. You did this one justice for sure. B)

#46 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Very nice build, Man...I like this one....Love the paint...

#47 Sixties Sam

Sixties Sam

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • Full Name:Sam Stitzer

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Great looking Pontiac! I like to see the old annuals built up and preserved. Great paint, and I wouldn't worry about the wheel well gaps. That's how a lot of kits were back then. You're right about Revell. Some of their kits were pretty crummy in the 1960's, but now they have many of the best ones available.

Sam

#48 geetee66

geetee66

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Nice work!

You got a really nice smooth finish on your paint.

A very clean build. I bet it looks good on your shelf...

#49 Duntov

Duntov

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Lucianno

"Mi sono perso"

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Nice!!!

#50 Jeff Johnston

Jeff Johnston

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Oh how I long for the days when Art Anderson was in the resin casting business with his All American Models. His work was right up there with The Modelhaus for quality & at a reasonable price. If I just had a time machine...

Art had stopped casting resin just before I got back into building models heavily (I never stopped, but the forums turned me into one the lunatic fringe crowd that we all belong to LOL).  Its funny in so much as Art and I are friends, but I have never owned an AAM kit...  However knowing Art I am not surprised a bit that he put out a product like that :)  I've been outbid (ebay) on many AAM kits !!

#51 Ron35369

Ron35369

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Decker

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Jeff, I've seen many of his kits on Ebay as well...& have also been outbid on them. That fact should testify as to the quality he put out, if people are paying high prices to get them on Ebay. I had many of his kits in my stash at one time...buying 3 & 4 at a time but fell upon hard times in the early 2000's & started selling off my collection of factory & resin kits & now I am kicking myself daily that I sold off most of his kits. He had kits for cars that no one else is putting out to this day. Live & learn I guess. Tell Art hi for me next time you talk...I doubt he will remember me. Just one of the many that really enjoyed his craft.

#52 geetee66

geetee66

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Nice work, Ron.

The paint is seriously glossy!

Looking forward to seeing more of your builds here.