Model Cars Magazine Forum

Half Track Dio in-the-works

Mike Whatshisname

Earlier this year, the car builders portion of the IPMS club I am a member of (Delaware Valley Scale Modelers) had a challenge to see who could build the best Hot Rod. We opened it up to the whole club but only the car builders had models on display. We had 20 or so entries of NEW builds. The Military guys felt a little left out so they decided to have one of their own...a Half-Track Challenge. There are about 6 "car guys" including myself that plan on having something for the November challenge. One guy is doing a half-track dragster that looks very interesting so far.

I started this "T" back in May beginning with the Budweiser Van AMT kit. I am also building a background fitting the half track "T".

halftrax028.jpg

The tank is scratchbuilt from a plastic squeeze bottle.

halftrax033.jpg

The skis and axle extensions are all scratchbuilt. I had the skis so that they were posable but they are very fragile and kept breaking at the axle. So I glued them in place.

halftrax024.jpg

I still have a little weathering to do and have to add some interior stuff like a battery on the floor with some tools and clutter.

Speaking of clutter, here is the background so far:

halftrax017.jpg

halftrax002.jpg

halftrax010.jpg

If someone can tell me why my image button doesn't work so I could post the pics, please tell me. This is the first time I've tried oposting pics since the switch from the old server. Fixed. You used the wrong coding, you need the "img" tags to show the pics in the post. - Moderator