Not so fast pal; howja do that?? Pics and description please.
And Harry, the wire wheels; a close shot please and how did you get the paint to cover evenly past the spokes onto the hubs???
The camera batteries are recharging, so no new pix tonight. Tomorrow.
I added a scratchbuilt piano hinge to the right side hood panel. I made it out of card stock. I find that card stock is much easier to work with and cut to shape than thin sheet brass for an application like that. I just laid out the two hinge leaves on the cardstock and cut them out with my X-acto. Then I took one of the hinge halves and taped it doen (I left "extra" card stock on each end). Then I taped a length of brass rod across the "fingers" of the hinge, and folded each finger over the brass rod and glued each finger down with a dab of white glue. I glued each finger down one by one. When the glue was dry I taped the other half of the hinge in place so that the fingers were in the correct alignment with the first half of the hinge, and repeated the process of gluing the fingers around the brass rod, like I did with the first half. Once the glue was dry I simply pulled the brass rod out (white glue won't stick to brass!), then I took each half of the hinge, trimmed them to length, and "painted" them with superglue. The superglue soaks into the paper and makes the paper pretty stiff and strengthens the paper "loops" that go around the brass hinge rod. Then I reassembled the hinge and the brass rod and glued it to the hood panels. I painted the hinge leaves red before I reassembled the hinge, and I glued the hinge in place after I sprayed the hood panels red, so that no paint would "gum up the works" on the hinge.