52 replies to this topic

#41 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

These cars changed almost weekly, almost anything is "right", some team probably ran it at least once.

#42 1320wayne

1320wayne

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Full Name:Wayne Stevens, JR.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Here is some added history so you can be aware of the possibilities.

Dave Strickler ran a 65 4-speed car with short stacks and a full hood scoop. In fact, the restored car that sits in the Chrysler museum is set up like this.

The Pandemonium 65 ran short stacks and a full scoop at one time.

The original Mr. Norm's 65, two-tone blue car, was purchased from Roger Lindamood and first run as a 4-speed, short stack with full scoop. A short time thereafter they switched over to the full blown version that most people remember.

The Golden Commandos ran a short stack car with full hood scoop.

And a few others ran this same combination at one time or another. That being said, it didn't take long for most teams to realize that they weren't getting enough air into the stacks with the full scoop so they either left the scoop and cut an opening for air flow, removed the scoop outright or switched to an automatic setup and went with the tall stacks and either left the scoop in place with an opening for the stacks or removed the scoop alltogether. There are plenty of different looks that you can go with. For the sake of accuracy it all depends on whether or not you have the correct research material to support the build that you choose to do. Or, because it's model building, you build how you want regardless of whether or not it's an accurate depiction of what really existed.

#43 nitro_force_fan

nitro_force_fan

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Full Name:joseph james ludwig

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Well heres the latest progrees on my awb. Not much done this week. Wife took over my desk so i had to find another space....lol.. Plus her and my son have both been sick. Gonna work on it a little today between football games. Heres a pic..Joe

Attached Files

• Attached File  001.JPG   83.84KB   40 downloads

#44 caine440

caine440

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Full Name:Roger

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

Looking good!

Hope the family gets feeling better soon.

#45 nitro_force_fan

nitro_force_fan

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Well worked on it some more today and getting really frustrated. Nothing seems to be fitting right and everything is fighting me. Biggest thing is im using the dash board from the 64 color me gone car and it just doesnt fit right. Getting fed up.........lol

#46 1972coronet

1972coronet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • Full Name:John Shoe

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

[Is] there anything [paint-wise] that comes close to chrome? I know ive seen that chrome paint  before but not sure how it would work.anyone? Any ideas?..........Joe

I've had great luck with Duplicolor aerosol Chrome . It's readily available at any auto parts store ; it's reasonablly-priced , and goes on smoothly (well , it smoothes-out quite nicely).

I've sprayed it over gloss black as well as dull aluminum , with equal results .

Allclad is good ; I'm not going to knock it , but it seems to be "fragile" (e.g. , don't *handle* the painted part(s) excessively during or after assembly) .

#47 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

great start Joseph, ready to see more of this AWB

#48 caine440

caine440

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Full Name:Roger

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Yep, I am fighting the interior fit up also.

You will get it, hang in there!

#49 tubbs

tubbs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • Full Name:Al Matheny

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

Well worked on it some more today and getting really frustrated. Nothing seems to be fitting right and everything is fighting me. Biggest thing is im using the dash board from the 64 color me gone car and it just doesnt fit right. Getting fed up.........lol

on no you dont!! i am too cheap to spent the money on these resin kits. so when someone starts building one, i like to follow. again, dont be like me and throw this on a shelf !!! we are modelers, we fight thru the "don't fits" and the "injector vs no injectors" .....

KEEP PUSHIN MAN !!!!

its looking great. injection is too cool, but i think it would be neat to build one as  it started out.

Edited by tubbs, 28 January 2013 - 04:51 AM.

#50 jeffaary

jeffaary

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Mittendorf

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

The truck cab is available in resin from Keith at sourceks@msn.com.  I have one on the bench to be built.  Very nice quality.

If I cound find the truck cab, I might considering attempting this in scale

#51 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

No it's not. I tried late this past fall to get a couple of them  I was told the mold is toast and he has no interest in remolding / casting it

The truck cab is available in resin from Keith at sourceks@msn.com.  I have one on the bench to be built.  Very nice quality.

#52 nitro_force_fan

nitro_force_fan

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Well im gonna work on the car a little today. Havent had much time working 65 hours a week.. I did find the corect dashboard for it. I robbed one out of and original 65 ramchargers parts car! Fits like a glove!  Will try to post pics later on!....Joe!

#53 nitro_force_fan

nitro_force_fan

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Well got alot done today! The motor is close to being done. Interior is pretty plain but its about done. Got the wheels on it. And i got the roof painted on the car! Trying to get it done for a model show in a couple of weeks. Its the most detailed motor i have ever done so far. I dont know how you guys get everything so detailed......lol. This wont be an exact copy of Landys car but close. Kind of my own spin on it. ..Check out the pics! ....Joe

Attached Files

• Attached File  001.JPG   31.94KB   22 downloads
  • Attached File  002.JPG   31.64KB   30 downloads
  • Attached File  003.JPG   38.64KB   31 downloads
  • Attached File  004.JPG   39.07KB   29 downloads
  • Attached File  005.JPG   31.6KB   33 downloads
  • Attached File  006.JPG   36.9KB   23 downloads