#1 zaina

zaina

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Full Name:andy lesiak

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

the weather has been too cold to paint anything so i started to clean up a couple kits and get them ready to paint...while the new little guy sleeps. this kit demands a little patience and is a little fiddley. the engine is very unrealistic so i cut everything off the front and am going to use a water pump assembley from a hemi...not exact but better than it was. the intake also sucks so i cut the injectors off and moved them out and added some groves to the middle. i also didnt like the headers so i made some new ones form solder. the radiator had an ejector mark in the middle of it so i cut some screen to put over it. i also thought the front end needed something so i cut it a little and added an electric razor screen. tires and rear wheels are from amt and front wheels are from the 41 willys kit. i also added to the roll cage to provide a mounting point for the racing harnesses. here is a little mockup
003-22.jpg004-23.jpg006-19.jpg008-16.jpg

#2 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,422 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Nice work!

#3 vc273

vc273

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Full Name:steve

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hi very nice work so far looking forward to seeing more pics of your build. Building one myself at the moment but the front chassis was twisted so i have grafted the 40 willys pro street front end on it with a 340 small block mopar and in the process of building the rear end with tubs and 4 link. Like what you have done with the grill gives me lots of ideas. Heres a couple of pics of my progress. Cheers

models080_zps6cc58666.jpgmodels078_zps627bc99e.jpgmodels077_zps6655a496.jpg

#4 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Ooh that's sweet Andy, this its going to be awesome! To bad about the papillion show, was looking forward to visiting, congrats on the little one to btw!

#5 Dyno Davo

Dyno Davo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Full Name:David Loye

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Nice progress, looks the part