Listen up ye scurvy dawgs! ISSUE 173 is in the house!

MCM ISSUE # 173

• You cannot reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic

#1 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,436 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Just arrived via postal service servant.  :)  It's in beautiful and pristine condition, and it looks like it's gonna be a great one!  :) 

I ain't answering the phone and I ain't going to the door.  I'm goin' readin' !!!  ^_^ 

Kodi (Director of Homeland Security) and I are gonna grab a Rocky Mountain KoolAid, pop the top, and sit out on the back patio in front of a roaring Sonoran pinon fire in the chiminea, and we're gonna read!  :P 

Talk to y'all later!!

B)

Edited by Danno, 08 January 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#2 Draggon

Draggon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts
  • Full Name:Glenn Asher

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Sounds good to me! That dang o'l koolaid is always a favorite!

#3 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,412 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I can smell mine around the corner!  Yes!

#4 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

And it's only January the eighth! :lol:

#5 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,098 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Now all of you guys can go the bathroom now, I bet its been a long wait :lol: :lol: :P

Edited by martinfan5, 08 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#6 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

So then I'll have mine by Feb.   I always get it a couple of weeks after the first person here gets it. :lol:  :P

#7 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,615 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

I got mine yesterday...........cover torn...........again.  I for one sure would be willing to pay more to have it arrive in a clear sleeve.

#8 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,436 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

I got mine yesterday...........cover torn...........again.  I for one sure would be willing to pay more to have it arrive in a clear sleeve.

Ray, you gotta complain to your Postmaster.  It's probably your letter carrier's ... uh ... issue. 

Damaged magazines are the exception rather than the rule, and if yours are arriving damaged on a regular basis, it's probably the way it is being handled by humans ~ the sorting and routing machines seem to be more careful and considerate.

Every unwrapped magazine I get each month (and there are several subscriptions) arrives in pristine condition ... including MCM.  I've never had a damaged MCM.

Just sayin' ...   B)  B)

#9 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Kodi (Director of Homeland Security) and I are gonna grab a Rocky Mountain KoolAid, pop the top, and sit out on the back patio in front of a roaring Sonoran pinon fire in the chiminea, and we're gonna read!  :P 

B)

Danno I hope the Mountains were Blue ;). hope the local hobby shop call me soon about my issue they put aside for me so I can check it out.

#10 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,436 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Danno I hope the Mountains were Blue ;). hope the local hobby shop call me soon about my issue they put aside for me so I can check it out.

Very, very blue!   Thanks for thinking of me ... and that little detail.

UPDATE:   Very cool issue!!  Even a how-to from da Big Kahuna ... AKA dBK.  {Not to be confused with the Burger King.}

B)

#11 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Ray, you gotta complain to your Postmaster.  It's probably your letter carrier's ... uh ... issue. 

Damaged magazines are the exception rather than the rule, and if yours are arriving damaged on a regular basis, it's probably the way it is being handled by humans ~ the sorting and routing machines seem to be more careful and considerate.

Every unwrapped magazine I get each month (and there are several subscriptions) arrives in pristine condition ... including MCM.  I've never had a damaged MCM.

Just sayin' ...   B)  B)

Yeeesh, NEVER a torn issue???  Man I WISH I could say THAT! I've even had Golden Bell replace issues that were too torn up to read properly! Mine'll get here when it gets here. No big deal.

#12 Greg Wann

Greg Wann

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Wann

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

So then I'll have mine by Feb.   I always get it a couple of weeks after the first person here gets it. :lol:  :P

It's probably in the post office restroom being read by the employees before you get it. LOL  EEWWWW

#13 James2

James2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Full Name:JamesRiesII

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

I can smell mine around the corner!  Yes!

That is not the rag!

#14 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Got mine yesterday...looks good at first glance, esp. the Salt Flats themed kits article.

#15 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Just sayin' ...   B)  B)

MCM is the ONLY magazine we get that arrives ripped on a almost every issue basis.  Even my wife's myriad of catalogs come undamaged, but MCM, every issue has some damage.  You sir are one of the lucky ones.  I never have believed and never will that it is on my post office's end of tnings.

#16 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,436 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

MCM is the ONLY magazine we get that arrives ripped on a almost every issue basis.  Even my wife's myriad of catalogs come undamaged, but MCM, every issue has some damage.  You sir are one of the lucky ones.  I never have believed and never will that it is on my post office's end of tnings.

Live in your own world, Lee.

I once had that problem with my subscription to SA(noE).  It was the only magazine or catalog - of many - that ever arrived damaged. 

Turned out the letter carrier was reading my SA(noE) every month before delivering it.  Apparently it's hard to read and preserve the condition of a magazine while you're driving the little Jeep.  Even the Lovely & Gracious Mrs. B's magazines arrived every month undamaged.  (But who reads those, anyway?)

After the letter carrier was "re-assigned," I never received a damaged SA(noE) again.  Throughout it all, I never blamed SA(noE).

B)  

#17 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,846 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

The reason why the general magazines and catalogs get there in good condition is that they are sent in huge quantities and the shipper bales them by final zip code. So they are shipped like a brick and only become single issues once at the final post office.  With MCM you are probably the only person in your zip code that gets it, so it travels through the mails solo. Thus the opportunity for damage.

#18 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I

Live in your own world, Lee.

I once had that problem with my subscription to SA(noE).  It was the only magazine or catalog - of many - that ever arrived damaged. 

Turned out the letter carrier was reading my SA(noE) every month before delivering it.  Apparently it's hard to read and preserve the condition of a magazine while you're driving the little Jeep.  Even the Lovely & Gracious Mrs. B's magazines arrived every month undamaged.  (But who reads those, anyway?)

After the letter carrier was "re-assigned," I never received a damaged SA(noE) again.  Throughout it all, I never blamed SA(noE).

B)  

Danno, I am not blaming MCM.  I am blaming the post office on their end.  How else can you explain nothing else I recieve, letters, magazines, catalogs, nothing, is wrecked??

Edited by midnightprowler, 10 January 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#19 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,436 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

I

Danno, I am not blaming MCM.  I am blaming the post office on their end.  How else can you explain nothing else I recieve, letters, magazines, catalogs, nothing, is wrecked??

Okay, then.  We're basically saying the same thing. 

I just hate to see Gregg, Harry, and crew, MCM in general, getting blamed for everything all the time ~~ especially since they produce the superior product. 

If I misunderstood your point, I apologize.

B)

Edited by Danno, 11 January 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#20 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Same here sir. I got mine today, and it's in 75% good condition. No worries Danno, we're ok.

Edited by midnightprowler, 12 January 2013 - 02:54 AM.