Looking good ,Dave !
Willys Jeep Panel
Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:28 PM
I added a double layer of 3/64 rod to flair out the bottom of the trailer to match the Jeep. After the filler was ready I mounted the fenders. It's getting there.
The trike is painted and ready for assembly and detail.
Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:38 PM
The trike is bad a$$ by itself....but with the jeep and the trailer...its out of this world!
Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:14 PM
The trike is real close to being done. I've added plugs and wires to the engines along with a Tee handle for the recoil.The backbone of the trike is also the fuel tank, I made fittings from .030 hex rod and some wire for the fuel lines. The hole you see is for the filler cap which will be bullet shaped. I added a mechanical brake to the rear axle along with the linkage from the pedal back. I broke one of the back wheels and have another made. I've got a little paint work left, mount the throttle cable, and forks and the trike will be done.
Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:33 AM
Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:29 PM
Love the bike, Jeep and the trailer. Keep up the good work.
Edited by bobthehobbyguy, 27 March 2013 - 06:30 PM.
Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:46 PM
awsome i love the trailer and how you scibed that design along the top !!!!!
I can't take credit for the design, it came that way.
Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:53 AM
DAVID ,I,M REALY ENJOYING THIS BUILD ,THAT TRIKE IS COOL, THE TRAILER AND JEEP ARE SWEET,THIS SHOULD BE COOL WHEN ALL SAID AND DONE,
Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:43 AM
While I appreciate your input, this build has been unrealistic from the get go. It has an automatic solid transaxle I made up, that I'm sure would never work in real life. The rear suspension would never work properly, the front suspension wouldn't work at all and I've got one engine slanted the wrong way with the head on backwards. So a turbo mounted wrong is not too big of a deal, at least to me. Plus the amount of work to make all of the plumbing line up and fit was way too much time and effort to abandon at this point.
If you follow any of my builds, none of them are very realistic.
This reply cracks me up so much I keep coming back and reading it just to get a chuckle. LOL
Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:02 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone.
I picked a color for the body. It's another nail polish called "Grey's Anatomy". It's a very transparent grey to red pearl. I spayed a test piece over the grey primer and got a grey to lavender. It looks great next to the purple frame. In low light it just looks battleship grey, add a little light and you get a grey pearl, hit it with bright light and it's lavender pearl.
these colors look great together, awesome work you're doin
Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:03 PM
The mini trike is done. Well now that I look at the pics, I need a little touch up here and there. I really hate the fact that my camera can see better than I can! Well, basically it's done.
I had to prove to myself it actually would fit. It does,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, barely.
And the pretty much finished trike.
Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:53 PM
I've been focusing on the trailer now that the trike is done.
The inside is just about ready for paint. The amount of grinding and sanding to make the inside usable was phenomenal.
Here's a shot with the start of the inside framework.
The hinges are basically done, just a little finish work.
I originally planned to use the back doors as a ramp. As I went a different route, I'll have to add some bracing to the framework to hold the ramps I need to make for the trike.
Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:11 AM
I've got color and clear on the trailer. This color shows every flaw and seems to magnify it to a power of 10. I might have to redo the back door as I'm not totally happy with it. After the base was dry, I masked the outside and cleared the inside. Then I masked the inside and sprayed the outside. I did get a small smudge on the back while removing the tape. I pulled the tape before it tacked up too much so the edge will lay down and disappear. It'll sand out when I buff it.
Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:28 AM
I started on the ramps for the trike. Just a little sanding and paint and they will be done.
I used ribbed sheet for the rear tires as they need some traction. The ramp for the front tire is .030 and the edges of all three are finished with .040 x .060 square stock.