#21 bodygaurd

bodygaurd

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Chown

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

How have you found the fit of the trailer walls? So far, mine has been a right pain in the rear to line up right. I assembled them to the roof, first.

RYAN.

The walls i fit dry befor paint and cut a bit off some parts so theyllfit better. But after paint it will be a different story. At least its a lot better than amt trailer i did lol.

Side skirts are super easy to scratch build, I'm working on a set for my trailer. I'm using .030" styrene, 11" long by about 2.25" tall..they mount to the bottom of the chassis with angle brackets and fiberglass bracing

DSC_0309.jpg

@bodyguard: your trailer is looking good so far, keep it up

thanks! I might make some side skirts for this one, dont know yet.

#22 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

I know,  all the excitement for it, all the people saying they were going to by a case of it, so far, not many have been built on here

Don't worry, it'll pick up! Our people will see it built here and get a taste for it. I have one, I haven't gotten to it yet. It's got a lot of potential, I've got at least 3 versions planned. A stock white dry van with 2 hole wheels, a stock reefer van with the kit wheels and a custom lowered one with spread axles. And probably another with 3 axles. I just don't have the area to store a lot more boxes!

#23 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Taking oportunity of this topic, may I ask you guys if could I use this kit in order to replicate the trailler of the truck Optimus Prime from Transformers movie?

in my opinion i would say yes with little modifications. Maybe some other people would say no. But its basically the same platform. A 53 foot reefer same as this trailer imo

I would agree, the reefer unit is correct for Optimus Prime, and from the different views I seen in the movie, I believe they did actually use a Great Dane for that trailer.

#24 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

Started working on one it will have side skirts and be 3 axle with working slide suspension.

#25 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Well I 'm not overly impressed with the fit of this trailer for a new kit ! All the pins don't line up the roof and sides do not line up and the front
Panel is so tight fitting ,I had to cut off all the line up pins . But I must say this is one long trailer.

#26 bodygaurd

bodygaurd

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

How have you found the fit of the trailer walls? So far, mine has been a right pain in the rear to line up right. I assembled them to the roof, first.

RYAN.

havent gotten that far yet i still need to finish painting the walls ands roof then i can assemble it. ill post what i figure out to be easy and hard and trant about it when im finished lol

#27 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Make sure you glue the sides to the roof first and then the ends and then the floor.

#28 bodygaurd

bodygaurd

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Don't worry, it'll pick up! Our people will see it built here and get a taste for it. I have one, I haven't gotten to it yet. It's got a lot of potential, I've got at least 3 versions planned. A stock white dry van with 2 hole wheels, a stock reefer van with the kit wheels and a custom lowered one with spread axles. And probably another with 3 axles. I just don't have the area to store a lot more boxes!

great ideas for trailers, cool to see so many people with all different ideas, then some the same with so many different outcomes!

Started working on one it will have side skirts and be 3 axle with working slide suspension.

will be real cool to see the sliding suspension!

Well I 'm not overly impressed with the fit of this trailer for a new kit ! All the pins don't line up the roof and sides do not line up and the front
Panel is so tight fitting ,I had to cut off all the line up pins . But I must say this is one long trailer.

i did some dry fitting on my walls and roof, everything lines up perfectly, maybe you did something wrong? maybe theres something wrong with you kit?. i did notice though, that the front panel is a bugger and super tight to go in, i did it third so then i had a wall left and works easy that way just a little tight, roof i will try soon, then i have to finish painting everything.

#29 bodygaurd

bodygaurd

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

so its been a while since ive updated anything, heres the trailer as of now behind my amt t600 WIP. has all the decals on truck and trailer. trailer is a 100% complete model now.

Attached File  1362540702375.jpg   27.46KB   67 downloadsAttached File  1362540725698.jpg   31.08KB   95 downloadsAttached File  1362599430858.jpg   28.5KB   100 downloadsAttached File  1362601817004.jpg   29.92KB   76 downloads

#30 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Looking good, Man...Nice work...Trailer looks good...

#31 Christopher J

Christopher J

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Marshall

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

I piccked up two of these when I ordered my Lone and Pro Star tractors.....still waiting on my tractors....;-( not hapoy, but like the kits.

#32 Chip

Chip

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Villars

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

nice work.

#33 BigBad

BigBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Poudrette

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

I think I've seen Terra Nova trucks before on the Trans-Canada... Nice job! The Great Dane looks pretty good behind the T600.

#34 bodygaurd

bodygaurd

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

Looking good, Man...Nice work...Trailer looks good...

nice work.

I think I've seen Terra Nova trucks before on the Trans-Canada... Nice job! The Great Dane looks pretty good behind the T600.

I piccked up two of these when I ordered my Lone and Pro Star tractors.....still waiting on my tractors....;-( not hapoy, but like the kits.

Thanks to all of you guys!

#35 Custom Hearse

Custom Hearse

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts
  • Full Name:Marshall Glasgow

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

That came out really nice! Now I have get one! Great job Brandon!!!