#81 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Richard... Thank you. It turned out way better than I expected.

Brad.... Thanks bud. I am really happy with how this turned out and glad I decided to go this route with the blanket. It fits the build way better.

Justin.... Thank you. It's really simple and easy it just takes a little bit of time to make it.

James... Thank you for the kind words.

Tom.... Thank you. I am stoked with it and it was worth the few hours of work to make it.

Edited by Mooneyzs, 14 June 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#82 kekefe

kekefe

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Full Name:Keke Keke

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

Excellent work with the blanket!!

Congrats

#83 Joker

Joker

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
  • Full Name:James Scott

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Cool work on the seat cover...the pattern and color is what nails it.

#84 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

Keke....Thank you!

James.... Thanks for the kind words. I pretty much just winged it for the pattern. The first one I did I messed up and then this one I started from the center and worked my way out each way and turned out much better.

well guys I got a little more work done to the dash and just a few more details to add to it. Maybe I will get to it today and possibly have an updated pic to share later. I got the knobs mounted on the dash and I need to paint them as well as getting the speedometer numbers dry brushed. 

#85 JasonFL

JasonFL

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Full Name:Jason Brackney

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

Man Chris, that blanket turned out real nice. I did my first one a few weeks ago for fun. After seeing yours I think ill try and make a few more. Just my opinion but I like the blanket 10x more then the animal print.

#86 Pro Wrench

Pro Wrench

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Full Name:Curt Scott

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

This is AWESOME. Needs to have a tutorial done. In fact, this is something that the magazine should do a short bit on. Very cool!

#87 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Jason.... thanks man. I have to agree with you that after I did the blanket... I like it way better than the animal print I had on the seat. I feel it fits the truck so much better. It took me a couple of tries to get this one correct and that I was happy with.

Curt.... Thank you so much for the kind words. You know its not very hart to do the blanket, I think that it is just more time consuming that anything.

Well Guys.... I haven't done to much more to this lately other than I got a little more work done on the dash. I am gonna try and spend a little time on this one today hopefully. I know I have been focusing more on the 1/16th Scale F/C but am itching to make some more progress on this Pick Up. Stay tuned and I will have some updates hopefully shortly.

#88 John Pol

John Pol

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Full Name:John Pol

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

Like it a lot Chris where do you get those knobs or rivits for the doors?

John Pol

#89 Edward Gore

Edward Gore

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Full Name:Pacific Ocean

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Excellent blanket from string tech!

It looks fantastic 

#90 gonzo64nova

gonzo64nova

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Gonzo

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

Chris, every detail you add keeps pushing the "wow" meter higher and higher. - Bill

#91 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

John Pol... thank you! are you talking about the knobs that are on the dash?? those knobs are actually little nails that came with some Micro Marks brass hinges that I picked up they were the perfect size

Edward.... Thank you!

Bill... thanks very much man, I appreciate it.

Ok guys... So I got a little more done to this. The dash is pretty much done other than I would like to add a set of gages under the dash. The one thing I am not happy with is the speedometer. the molding of the  numbers wasn't very great in this kit. I tried dry brushing them the best I could and didn't turn out like I would like. I am really thinking of taking the pic of that speedo that was posted a page or 2 back and seeing if I can scale it down and print it out to fit in the dash and glue it in place. I also got the fuel tank painted and glued in place.

I will be getting the door handle and window cranks on a little later today. here are the pics

Here is the Dash, and as I mention I really hate how the speedo turned out. I need to do something to fix it...  :lol: :

57-Chevy-PU176-1_zps76e7386f.jpg

57-Chevy-PU172-1_zps25b097e8.jpg

Here is the fuel tank, which probably won't be seen when the seat is glued in... ;

57-Chevy-PU178-1_zpsaa8afe89.jpg

#92 PappyD340

PappyD340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Full Name:Larry Dailey

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

It's coming along real NICE Chris, I like the interior treatment!! :D 

#93 Wonderbread Kustomz

Wonderbread Kustomz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Full Name:James Evans

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

I love that interior bro!

#94 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Chris, that's why I posted the pic here (so you could use it if you needed something custom), you might be able to get a better photo from the site that sells those retro gage updates.

#95 exesivefire

exesivefire

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Brooks

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

Love this one, what kind of glue did you use on the blanket to hold the thread together?

#96 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Larry... Thank you man. I am digging how its turning out so far.

James... Thank you very much.

Mike... Thanks for posting that pic. I am gonna try to get that printed out and install on this dash.

Andy... Thanks man. Actually you are going to laugh, I didn't use any glue on the blanket. The blanket was put together using Tamiya tape. I laid the sticky side up and put the thread down on that.

Ok guys I had these pics to post yesterday but was having issues with the site and google chrome and today posting off my iPad. I got the door handles installed as well as the seat belts. Here they are:

Passenger door:

57-Chevy-PU187-1_zps4542016f.jpg

Driver door:

57-Chevy-PU189-1_zpse9778ed5.jpg

Seat belts:

57-Chevy-PU194-1_zps3f5718ba.jpg

#97 Wonderbread Kustomz

Wonderbread Kustomz

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Full Name:James Evans

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

That interior is looking great! I love the seat belts in there... Something most people including myself forget when building interiors...

#98 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

I still love that seat!  I went to Wally's and bought ten different colors of the DMC Embroider Floss  to try them out.  At the same time I found they had small fabric bolts for 99 cents for crafts and patches.  I found two different ones that looked like they'd work in scale.  Here's one on the seats in my latest camper.

IMG_3332-vi.jpg

#99 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

James... Thanks man. I appreciate it. I enjoy adding those small little details in my builds.

Tom.... Thanks I am really happy with how the seat turned out in this, much better than I expected. That interior of the camper looks great so far. Hey would you mind taking a pic of those fabric bolts you mentioned and post them. Would love to see what they look like. I happened to be at walmart today and look for them but didn't see any but then again really didn't know what I was looking for...lol

#100 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

Chris, next time you travel into Phoenix check out a place that's called SAS, they sell scraps and remnants of all kinds of fabric/thread/lace/trim.... for really amazing prices.  I picked up some really nice leather scraps that I use for interiors/seats, I got a couple pounds of it for a few bucks many years ago and haven't come close to using it up yet.

there are more than one SAS so you'll need to check for addresses.