Introducing the 2014 Corvette Berlinetta... 1st 2014 Vette sells for?

• You cannot reply to this topic
146 replies to this topic

#61 vintagercr

vintagercr

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Full Name:Stephen Martin

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

I like the new version. I don't know about anyone else, but I remember the time when I was a kid and could hardly wait for September to come and see all of the new body styles. Each manufacturer was different and their designs reflected that. Now it seems each styling department just has a direct line to one another and there is no imagination. How many times do you drive down the highway and think you are behind a BMW and realize it is a Hyundai or something similar.

#62 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I drove Camaros and Corvettes for years untill the kids got in school, always intending to return when the kids were grown. Well the youngest graduated collage last year, and a used Porsche is looking pretty good right now.

#63 1972 Satellite

1972 Satellite

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Schmauder

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

The current Corvette has my vote. You always hear the foreign car guys talking about the unrefined power and brute force the current model has and I personally find that endearing and kind of genuinely American. Then again, I do believe that Corvette owner is synonymous with AARP member.

#64 dirtracer2448

dirtracer2448

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Full Name:Tyler Sigafoose

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Oh, right. People with no sense of design or style, but happily-mindless me-too followers of fashion. Kind of like all the cookie-cutter rebels, being different by being just like everyone else who's being different. Now I understand.

That's funny but true. As for the car, I like it. GM has pulled out all the stops with this one, that's why they have it the stingray name (for special generations). Hand crafted leather seats, carbon fiber dash. At least most of us agree that the interior is a major upgrade from the previous generation. Yea, you are right when you say it looks like other high performance cars and that's because aerodynamics have certain properties that are difficult to use with any shape. I think this thing is supposed to get like 30 mpg! Plus 450 horses and a top speed close to 200 as well as a 50/50 weight bias and a 2 foot narrower turning radius. What more could you ask for? I agree that I don't like the rear end as much because it is not corvetteish, maybe because then it would've looked too much like a Ferrari (the round tailights). At least they are not doing the retro-thing.

Edited by dirtracer2448, 14 January 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#65 robiwon

robiwon

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Cass

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

I like the new Vette. If I had the money I would buy one in a heartbeat. I love Ferraris and Lambos as well. As much as GM says that it is a world class super car, it just does not compete in one area that Ferraris, Lambos, Astons, Lotus, etc compete in, the maintenance bill! The Vette is an every day sports car, something you can't do with a $300,000 Lambo. You could easily put thousands of miles on one a year, drive it in the rain, and probably have no worries about driving it across country. That's not something one would do with a GTO/Berlineta/599/458. Those owners buy their cars to pamper them because they're to expensive to do anything else.

Of course if someone wanted to give me the latest greatest Lambo or Ferrari I wouldn't say no.

#66 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

the 450 horse rating is a joke.

when hotrod asked about the 450 number, a few engineers werre reported to have looked at one another and giggled.

#67 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,557 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

I happen to like the new style 'Vette, as it is a nice departure from the same styling elements we've been seeing for years. I've gotten tired of the "bubbleback" rear glass, the too plain rear end, among other things. Sometimes, things need to change-------otherwise, where is the progress?

When I first saw the spy photos and renderings of the rear end on the '14, I knew that would be a polarizing styling element. Folks either like it or they don't. I like it, because there will be no mistaking what's up ahead as you roll up on one.

Now, if I could only AFFORD one! :D

#68 dirtracer2448

dirtracer2448

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Full Name:Tyler Sigafoose

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

the 450 horse rating is a joke.

when hotrod asked about the 450 number, a few engineers werre reported to have looked at one another and giggled.

Oh I know. I just didn't know how many people read that article.

#69 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

the heads are supposed to flow something rediculous like 350-400 cfm right from the show room.

#70 Cato

Cato

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Full Name:See below:

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

the heads are supposed to flow something rediculous like 350-400 cfm right from the show room.

Not much help with a cam with 114 or so LSA and lift less than .650". And small ID headers and cats.

#71 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,882 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I like it. Not thrilled with the "Camaro" rear end, but overall I think it looks pretty cool. Doesn't matter one way or another, though, there's no way I could ever afford one... so what I think  of it is irrelevant to myself!  :lol:

#72 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,544 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I like it. Not thrilled with the "Camaro" rear end, but overall I think it looks pretty cool. Doesn't matter one way or another, though, there's no way I could ever afford one... so what I think  of it is irrelevant to myself!  :lol:

But if you could, would you buy one?

#73 uncle potts

uncle potts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Full Name:paul cowell

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

NO!

#74 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,882 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

Sure would. And a Viper, too!  :D

#75 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Overall, I like it. I can't afford a full sized one, but sure would buy at least one in scale!!

#76 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,150 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I think the front end looks okay, and side profile isn't too bad either.... Only the rear end looks bad for me, where are the round taillights what have been in Corvettes from the Early days? But overall, it's pretty nice car, and especially I like that GM builds Front engined sports cars with powerful engine, not as europeans or japanese manufacturers, who make Middle-engined cars.

#77 SoCalCarCulture

SoCalCarCulture

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Lindsay

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

The pics in this thread look like screen grabs - at least look at the pics GM released...

8377824953_46c40928d3_b.jpg

#78 Alyn

Alyn

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I had the spare dough. As previously mentioned, designers from all the manufacturers are faced with similar constraints and challenges, like aero, ergonomics, lowering weight, MPG, materials, manufacturing, etc. Look at vehicles in any category, the similarities abound.

The C7 is an excellent evolution of the previous designs and doesn't suffer from the sameness like the C5-C6. They've also managed to incorporate some Chevy family design queues as well.

Evolving, yet edgy.

#79 SoCalCarCulture

SoCalCarCulture

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Lindsay

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

These will let all you critics compare...

8382200972_522d9bb123_b.jpg

8382201114_3c76867916_b.jpg

The opinions are always fun to hear when something new is released!

#80 RodneyBad

RodneyBad

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I think the Corvette is the Only car that looks better Every year for it's time..