Introducing the 2014 Corvette Berlinetta... 1st 2014 Vette sells for?

• You cannot reply to this topic
146 replies to this topic

#121 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Dave's photos are great. A bit like the robo NFL character on Fox games, almost a transformer.

You're not too far off. The Stingray Concept was featured as Sideswipe in the last 2 Transformers movies.

#122 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,672 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

I get the Transformers reference, but to me the production version looks more like a transformer/video game car than the concept does.

#123 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Time for A stronger prescription for your readers harry

#124 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,672 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Time for A stronger prescription for your readers harry

:lol:

Don't have any, no need (thank God!)

#125 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,528 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

If GM had put the prototype styling directly into production, as shown, I'd be selling every car I own (except the truck) and replacing them with that. Even though it's not entirely all-of-a-piece, stylistically, its heritage is so completely, obviously Corvette, that, knowing the performance of the recent cars as I do, I frankly couldn't imagine having anything cooler. It's in-your-face fast looking, agressive and again UNMISTAKABLY Corvette with no copycat anything. Bad-to-the-bone, and ORIGINAL. Anything 'derivative' is derived ftom some iteration of the Corvette, and it couldn't be anything else.

Exactly!

If they could have made the car look more like the Stingray Concept/Sideswipe, I would probably be leaving drool stains on it at the Auto Show next month. The production car just leaves a lot to be desired in the roof from the A Pillars back and in the rear bumper cover.

#126 CadillacPat

CadillacPat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Full Name:Pat Parker

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

If GM had put the prototype styling directly into production, as shown, I'd be selling every car I own (except the truck) and replacing them with that. Even though it's not entirely all-of-a-piece, stylistically, its heritage is so completely, obviously Corvette, that, knowing the performance of the recent cars as I do, I frankly couldn't imagine having anything cooler. It's in-your-face fast looking, agressive and again UNMISTAKABLY Corvette with no copycat anything. Bad-to-the-bone, and ORIGINAL. Anything 'derivative' is derived ftom some iteration of the Corvette, and it couldn't be anything else.

Hmmmmmm,  are you sure this is not the bulky undrivable Michael Keaton 1989 Batmobile???

Sure looks like this particular design has all those added on unnecessary pieces.

I doubt it could even be parked, much less driven safely.

Nothing original about this. But it would make a neat plastic model.

CadillacPat

#127 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,512 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

If they had put that prototype into production, even with the doofy taillights, I'd be a lot more interested.

In the meantime, in the event I hit a large jackpot, my local Chevy dealer has a white/silver C6 Gran Sport in the showroom that they'll "give me a deal on."

Charlie Larkin

#128 darquewanderer

darquewanderer

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Full Name:James

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

One word. YUCK!!! :smileypuking:

#129 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,487 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Just like this forum, the L.A. Times reports a widely mixed reaction among the general public.

http://www.latimes.c...0,5108425.story

#130 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Do you guys know that the C7 was planned to be released in 2011,  that was a long time before the Ferrari F12berlinetta was in production ,  in theory , yes GM could of stole the design of the F12, but I really doubt that, but again I could be wrong , anything is possible,  I am sure GM would of been able to get pre production photos of the F12, or the new Viper as well

So does it look a lot of cars, yes it does, but so many other cars out there do,  and you know why cars have the same shapes, is because those shapes and designs are the ones that have come back from the wind tunnel with the best numbers.

But here is something , half the cars from the 40's -60's all looked the same, they all look liked misinformed bubbles, or bricks on wheels, so why is it such a bad thing now that cars all look the same?

The only thing I can think of is  pot , meet the kettle, you all know the rest, but I also know you dont care either :lol:

Edited by martinfan5, 16 January 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#131 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,989 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

So does it look a lot of cars, yes it does, but so many other cars out there do,  and you know why cars have the same shapes, is because those shapes and designs are the ones that have come back from the wind tunnel with the best numbers.

But here is something , half the cars from the 40's -60's all looked the same, they all look liked misinformed bubbles, or bricks on wheels, so why is it such a bad thing now that cars all look the same?

The only thing I can think of is  pot , meet the kettle, you all know the rest, but I also know you dont care either

Wow.  Is the philosophy free tonight?

Actually, the development cycle for any "new"  production auto design is so long that neither Chevy nor Ferrari could have "stolen" any styling features from the other. 

People tend to overlook the fact that ideas often germinate independently but simultaneously.  As has already been stated,  trends are trends and more than one styling group can interpret a trend in a particular manner.

#132 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Wow.  Is the philosophy free tonight?

Actually, the development cycle for any "new"  production auto design is so long that neither Chevy nor Ferrari could have "stolen" any styling features from the other. 

People tend to overlook the fact that ideas often germinate independently but simultaneously.  As has already been stated,  trends are trends and more than one styling group can interpret a trend in a particular manner.

Thats what I was saying, thanks for backing it up,  nope,not free for you, its going to cost you

#133 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,747 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Driving home from work today, the local morning show DJ (who has repeatedly called his '03 Camry the loveliest car he's ever owned) said he loves the 2014 Corvette's looks. Not sure what to think about that...

#134 Scale-Master

Scale-Master

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Oh, GM would NEVER have stolen/borrowed/been influenced by another companies design.  I mean just look at the C5/RX7... <_<

And turn about is fair play, look at the RX8/Chevy SS showcar...

#135 Jeff Johnston

Jeff Johnston

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this car.  If only I had the means to own one :(

(2) kids starting college soon I'll be lucky to be able to afford anything more than Raman noodles for diinner hahaha

JJ

#136 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

I think the prototype was a pig. I really like the one they ended up with though.

joe.

#137 jdcar32

jdcar32

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Full Name:Jon Davis

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

My rating of the C7 compared to the previous Corvette generations : C1 through C6 ( but not neccesarily in that order, I love all of them ), then the C7. DOH !!!!

#138 CJ1971

CJ1971

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Full Name:Cliff Caddy

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

So guess what the very 1st ( 0001) 2014 'Vette sold for @ Barrett Jackson?? $1.1 Million... Worth it??
9E453728-64B8-4224-8071-495721CD952D-214
99431C94-0B5B-4B5D-8413-C57BC6BA79F1-214

#139 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Ugly, GM screwed up another one.

#140 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

If you're interested, here's the video of the frenzied bidding for this car. I guess some folks have more money than brains........... :rolleyes: