"Supernatural" '67 Impala 4 dr HT - Anyone Considering Casting it?

1967 Impala Supernatural 67 Impala four door hardtop

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

#1 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

We've been watching the television series Supernatural and given the shows popularity, I am wondering if anyone has considered offering a '67 Impala four door hardtop in resin to replicate the car used in the series? I know that someone in Europe is casting it but I was hoping to find someone a bit closer to home. This may be a viable project for some enterprising resin guy... especially given the fact that the AMT '67 hardtop kit is still plentiful and can be had at reasonable prices.

#2 realgone58

realgone58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Full Name:Alan Wickham

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

I could care less about the Supernatural version, but I sure would love to build a replica stock 4 door hardtop one! It would be really cool if it had the moldings for a vinyl top too!

#3 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

the german one is very well done for the price

#4 IMPALA SS 427

IMPALA SS 427

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Full Name:James Chapman

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Its not that hard to do the conversion yourself. I did one early last year and it turned out good except for the roof (The putty I used shrank and revealed the join lines a little) I sanded it back and repainted it and its a lot better but not perfect. Any way it only took a few months, I will be doing a second one this year (if I can ever get my current projects done) but this time round I am going to have all 4 doors, trunk and hood hinged and this time round I will try a different putty so there wont be the same mistake...  

By the way this was my first attempt at any body modifications and I didn't find it that hard to do, just time consuming. Here's a link if your interested: http://cs.scaleautom...9/t/107258.aspx    

#5 gary88

gary88

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Full Name:gary l ashley

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

if all there is the bodies with glass and hoods ill take them need 3 of them hv 3 grandkids that want me to do it for them,,,,,,,,,,,

#6 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

How many times are you going to ask and be told they don't exist? Get a clue, if you want them, you will have to make them!

#7 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mikemodeler" data-cid="884128" data-time="1361623490"><p>How many times are you going to ask and be told they don't exist? Get a clue, if you want them, you will have to make them!</p></blockquote>Persistence is the key . Anyone show this builder the way to a tutorial for making a 4 dr. ? Thanx ..

#8 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

the german one is very well done for the price

link?

#9 IMPALA SS 427

IMPALA SS 427

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Full Name:James Chapman

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

link?

I think the German one is unavailable at the moment....

#10 hjracing

hjracing

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Full Name:José Antonio Hernández Medina

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:15 AM

I be thinking in build one myself using a 2 door in a future, couse I'm a big fan of this Supernatural car. In fact I be thinking in build another 4 door from a 2 door. a 69 plymouth Satellite to resemble my father's one.

#11 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mikemodeler" data-cid="884128" data-time="1361623490"><p>How many times are you going to ask and be told they don't exist? Get a clue, if you want them, you will have to make them!</p></blockquote>Persistence is the key . Anyone show this builder the way to a tutorial for making a 4 dr. ? Thanx ..

John,

He is looking for a kit and posted in three different sections, over the span of several days, looking for it. It was responded to by myself and others stating a kit did not exist and he would have to find a 2 door and convert it.

#12 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

John,

He is looking for a kit and posted in three different sections, over the span of several days, looking for it. It was responded to by myself and others stating a kit did not exist and he would have to find a 2 door and convert it.

Yes, and the conversion is more than re-scribing the doors to 4drs...the 4dr ht roofline is completely different than the 2dr fastback, rear window is different, decklid is probably a different length, different quarter panel upper shape, etc..

#13 realgone58

realgone58

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Full Name:Alan Wickham

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Yes, and the conversion is more than re-scribing the doors to 4drs...the 4dr ht roofline is completely different than the 2dr fastback, rear window is different, decklid is probably a different length, different quarter panel upper shape, etc..

Correct. There were only a few cars that used the same wheelbase and roof assy from 2 door to 4 door. The 67-8 Impala was not one of them. 

#14 Mr mopar

Mr mopar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Spencer

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

I don't really care for the show even those it is filmed in my back yard Vancouver B.C. If you all were to see the real car it's pretty much a better ,they have 5 of them on the set. My 2 cents.

#15 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

The funny thing is that there is a 1/43rd scale model available of a '67 Impala 4dr ht by a company called 'Truescale' but looking at pics of one on eBay, the roofline is wrong--they used the 2dr fastback roofline.

#16 zenrat

zenrat

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Full Name:Fred Maillardet

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

Isn't Google wonderful.

There are pics of the German transkit here http://204442.homepa...mp-Figures.html

It was made by Scale Production who can be found at www.scaleproduction.de but it is not listed on their website anymore.

However, no harm in sending them an e-mail.  If you can be bothered that is.

#17 hjracing

hjracing

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Full Name:José Antonio Hernández Medina

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

I'll be waching this tread...I'm very interested on this model. I thinkg that converting the 2 dr to 4 dr cam be made, but now I know that is no so easy. This is one of the TV car I really want to replicate.

#18 Drake69

Drake69

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Full Name:Allen Manley

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

My wife wants me to build one as well.

#19 impcon

impcon

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Cook

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Quite frankly, I think that somewhere out there, there are resin casters who could produce this car and by not doing so, they are losing out a possibly profitable deal. i think that the car would sell simply because some people like four doors and stuff that is different plus there are the modelers who enjoy the show and admire the car. My youngest son usually isn't too crazy about big cars but he sure does like that black Impala as do I. As for converting a two door, I have neither the talent or the time to tackle a project like that as from what i have seen, it requires a lot of cutting and sectioning. I'd be happy to buy a couple of the models - one for my son and one for myself and if the price wasn't to outlandish, I;d probably get a couple for myself. Maybe some enterprising caster should post some surveys on some of the model car forum sites and just see whatthe response is. This is just an honest suggestion - nothing more. :)  :)

Edited by impcon, 06 March 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#20 Drago

Drago

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Full Name:Alexandre Täschner

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

I have been in contact with Mike (Scaleproduction) for a long time and so yesterday I talked to him about other projects but I also asked him about the 4 door transkit. The case is that he made this work for another client/friend, called Oliver. And I got in touch with Oliver too. What he told me was that he will relaunch this transkit next autumn.

So.. lets wait and see ;-)