Hopefully the "spine" will look better when sanded down a bit and I squirt some paint on it. I did have the same thought however.
1963 Cougar ll Updated 2-1
Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:17 PM
Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:20 PM
My thoughts for this kit are to build it as a race car. I have a couple of the kits and started on one of them when Lindberg introduced it. But then we moved and I've never pulled it back out.
- Halibrand mags to replace the wires that failed on the 1st racing Cobra.
- Hood scoop for the 4 Webers
- Side header pipes or possibly a pair out the back
- USA racing colors. White/blue Possibly like the Shelby Blue with white stripes or metallic blue with a white band across the hood. Or maybe even white with blue stripes like old family friend Briggs Cunningham's cars.
- Spoilers front and rear have been considered also. They were used on the GTOs and other GT racers of the era.
Edited by DustyMojave, 18 January 2013 - 09:27 PM.
Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:52 AM
Not had a lot of time to work on this one but did manage to get some things done.
Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:42 AM
Thanks, I wasn't really sure but it is growing on me.