Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Audi R8 W.I.P

ModlerChris1987

The Audi R8 is one of my favorite in the Audi class, and adding black makes it even better. I'll like to see how you add green inserts. Good luck on finishing the painting.

Questions:

1.) What paint did you use? (For learning purposes)
2.) How much did the kit cost? (For some reason I'm interested in the cost of things)

I'll be following, good luck.

--Feisty

Edited by feisty102

Your not the only one who loves the R8's.

Answers:

1.) for primer I used Rust-Oleum automobile primer and for the color I used Rust-Oleum flat (black) Protective Enamel. With the primer you want to work it up or your going to get "crack lines" in the primer and then it will have to end up in the purple pond because they are a bitch to sand out.

2.) the kit cost me 20 plus tax at Walmart that's also where I picked up the paint.

Okay now for the update, the Audi is sitting in the dull coat clear right now will be posting pictures of it up once its done curing. Debating if I want to keep the rims chrome or de chrome them and paint them flat black. Comments and suggestions are welcomed

Green rims lol jk. Just a forewarning I had body and headlight issues in fitting.

Second, I see that your new here. One of the things here is no cursing, for the sake of the younger members, and the ladies. Just friendly advice nothing harsh intended.

Ya you don't spend $130,000 on a Audi R8, and not do a little speeding XD.

Links: (A bit pricey, but well worth it)

Seat Belt Material:

http://www.modelroundup.com/product-p/mcg-701.htm

Seat Belt Hardware:

http://www.modelroundup.com/product-p/mcg-2089.htm

Questions:

• Will you be adding any green to the black body?

• Not sure how it would look, but would you consider green rims?

--Feisty102

he man your build looks great. but may i suggest that u cut away more of the sprue on the bottom of the car before paint. like only leave the ones on the ends attached. the rest cut back to the main tree. this would make for less touch up. any way it looks great and we cant wait to see more

• 5 weeks later...