Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Cuda finished! 11-16-13

Dragfreak

When you say the tires are sticking out more than you like do you mean like sticking out of the body? if so you would have to narrow the rear end. the tubs are made out of sheet styrene that i glued two pieces together to make it thicker and stronger and then just super glued to the chassis after the kit wheel wells were cut out. the interior is sheet styrene as well, for the design i went outside and looked at my dads 1:1 vega interior that has an tin interior.

hers some more pics of the interior

101_1786_zps47d3dc5c.jpg

101_1788_zps650466c7.jpg

101_1787_zps868acf64.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

I would encourage you to consider that lack of responses does not equal lack of interest. 2,684 hits in a month doesn't sound like lack of interest. Most folks are not compelled to respond to every thread they open, but they come here every day or so to watch. You already have your followers and they're quietly waiting to see what you do next. :) .

Thank you Pete and mike I thought that since it seemed pretty quiet nobody was following along but if they're just silently following along ill keep posting although I love getting getting good and bad feedback and suggestions because it gives me a drive to keep plugging away at it thanks again, Jason

Edited by Dragfreak

Jason you are doing some great work buddy! some times the forum gets a little quiet, don't let that effect what you are doing, like Mike said, your hits tell you that we are all looking in, some times its really quick and don't really have time to post, you just keep focusing on this Cuda so we can all see it done! ;)

Thank you Bill and Fred much appreciated! Fred, i was leaning more to the air pan for it too so ill probably end up going with that.

I got a little progress when i got home from school yesterday, scratched up some headers and i got the valve covers de chromed. I also got the mirrors on the body.

101_1791_zpsf3372226.jpg

101_1792_zps175788dc.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

I would open up the back of the grille too! I did one and it really helped. Also post a pic of how the headlights mount. If I remember right the lenses have a tab in middle that goes in the chrome part. If so, trim tabs off back of lenses and fill holes in chrome buckets. Paint with alclad or silver. Makes the lights look much better

Keep on posting. Folks are following your build, which looks great by the way. As far as grill material, you could purchase some aftermarket photo-etch metal screen material or go to Lowes or something like that and get some window/door screen material and make your own. There are several sizes so you can pick what looks best to you.

Don't stop posting updates, a bunch of people want to see this being built, I'm one of them being a huge Mopar fan myself. We many not comment all the time but I can assure you we are watching. Keep on posting updates and best of luck with your build, I'm looking forward to seeing it at the starting line in December along side my 67 gtx. :)

Jason, some folks may just be intimidated by such good work by a teenager! There's ALOT of guys on here my age who wouldn't even TRY doin omething like this! Personally, models are just little bitty cars, so if you're usein a REAL car to model from,ALL the BETTER! your're doin GREAT on this, Don't stop now Bro, you rollin BIG TIME!!!

Jason, i lost track of this build for a while, lookiing really nice. you do some nice scratch building for a 14 year old!! hey, yardwork money... you dont need no stinking yardwork money!! PM me your addy and will be happy to send you off some white "HEMI" buildboards. only have one set and they are older so i hope they work for you. keep us updated on this build.

Don't stop posting updates, a bunch of people want to see this being built, I'm one of them being a huge Mopar fan myself. We many not comment all the time but I can assure you we are watching. Keep on posting updates and best of luck with your build, I'm looking forward to seeing it at the starting line in December along side my 67 gtx. :)

Thanks Jonathan!! in december ill be there!!

Jason, some folks may just be intimidated by such good work by a teenager! There's ALOT of guys on here my age who wouldn't even TRY doin omething like this! Personally, models are just little bitty cars, so if you're usein a REAL car to model from,ALL the BETTER! your're doin GREAT on this, Don't stop now Bro, you rollin BIG TIME!!!

Thank you very much!!

Jason, i lost track of this build for a while, lookiing really nice. you do some nice scratch building for a 14 year old!! hey, yardwork money... you dont need no stinking yardwork money!! PM me your addy and will be happy to send you off some white "HEMI" buildboards. only have one set and they are older so i hope they work for you. keep us updated on this build.

Thank you Al ill shoot you a pm when i finish posting this!

Jason, I used some grille material left over from a tamiya focus kit but a chunk of window screen is similar. Did you see what I meant about those headlights?

Thanks Fred yes i see what you mean about the headlights ill have to modify them with your advice! and I've never built any tamiya kits so ill have to see if my dad can cart me over to lowes so i can find some of that screen, and thanks again for the feedback it means alot!!

well small update, the driver side header is finished and i started to make a collector out of some aluminum from a coke can and i got some red oxide on the front clip and started sanding to make shure the line i filled wont ghost through the paint

101_1795_zps1f507d78.jpg

101_1796_zpsa28800d4.jpg

101_1798_zps38298620.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

Thank you Jonathan!! i wish i could post some more progress but between track practice getting finished at 5:00 and then i have homework everyday im not getting much time to work on the cuda so hopefully today will give me some time to make some progress.