Tamiya shows new life. Mercedes McLaren SLR coming!

• You cannot reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic

#21 Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:37 PM

That is sharp Brian!

I have one of Harold Bradford's Grand Sport Roadster transkits I should try to build sometime................That would also be a neat subject for AM to model! 8)

Try one of Brad's Cobra Daytona's if you don't already have one, Bill.
Really only choice other than Gunze. Someone else does one as well in resin, but it's not nearly as good.

Is this the Model Factory Hiro kit that's not as good? For $233+ it better be!

Brad's sure is nice, I can't see spending more for the Japanese kit, and I do rather despise the white metal components that MFH seems to rely on a bit too much. I guess those of us skinflints who pine for an $11 Cobra Daytona coupe by Revell aren't going to be happy any time soon :D

#22 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:38 AM

That is sharp Brian!

I have one of Harold Bradford's Grand Sport Roadster transkits I should try to build sometime................That would also be a neat subject for AM to model! 8)

Try one of Brad's Cobra Daytona's if you don't already have one, Bill.
Really only choice other than Gunze. Someone else does one as well in resin, but it's not nearly as good.

Yes, I do have one of Harold's Cobra Daytonas...............and it is nice!! It's based on the Gunze kit...........and Harold took steps to make the assembly easier than the old Gunze one.

Not to mention full engine detail, and some reference pics to makes things easier!

#23 MonoPed

MonoPed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:53 AM

..........I guess those of us skinflints who pine for an $11 Cobra Daytona coupe by Revell aren't going to be happy any time soon.....

Hey!! I resemble that comment! :shock: :lol:

Seriously, I hope the upcoming Accurate Miniatures 289 roadster kits are successful enough for them to do a Daytona Coupe kit....

#24 Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:42 AM

..........I guess those of us skinflints who pine for an $11 Cobra Daytona coupe by Revell aren't going to be happy any time soon.....

Hey!! I resemble that comment! :shock: :lol:

Seriously, I hope the upcoming Accurate Miniatures 289 roadster kits are successful enough for them to do a Daytona Coupe kit....

Don't forget I did say "us" :D How cool would it be if it did happen?

And I agree about AM...lots of potential, hope they get 'em done, and done right. I like Cobra 289's more than 427's anyway :wink:

#25 MonoPed

MonoPed

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:26 AM

I know Bob - just messin with ya :lol:

What frustrates me about the "$11 Cobra Daytona coupe by Revell" is that alot of the pieces are sorta there already. They have a "leaf spring" chassis in the 1:43 "Ultimates" Cobra, they had to make pattern models for the 1:32 Daytona slotcar body, they have a good example of how to tool a Cobra in their 427 roadster kits (and a good example of how not to tool one in the AMT 289 kit), and they have a history of producing Shelby/Ford licenced kits. Such a kit won't set the world on fire in the initial release, but like the 427 kits, it could be re-issued every few years with different decals, it could spawn a 289 roadster kit, and could be paired with other Shelby kits as a combo pack release. Oh well, I'll keep waiting for the Acc Mins roadster, and hope that it spawns a Daytona Coupe...

#26 Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

I know Bob - just messin with ya :lol:

What frustrates me about the "$11 Cobra Daytona coupe by Revell" is that alot of the pieces are sorta there already. They have a "leaf spring" chassis in the 1:43 "Ultimates" Cobra, they had to make pattern models for the 1:32 Daytona slotcar body, they have a good example of how to tool a Cobra in their 427 roadster kits (and a good example of how not to tool one in the AMT 289 kit), and they have a history of producing Shelby/Ford licenced kits. Such a kit won't set the world on fire in the initial release, but like the 427 kits, it could be re-issued every few years with different decals, it could spawn a 289 roadster kit, and could be paired with other Shelby kits as a combo pack release. Oh well, I'll keep waiting for the Acc Mins roadster, and hope that it spawns a Daytona Coupe...

Preachin' to the choir! At once it's frustrating that they don't seem to listen, and it also must be just as frustrating on the inside w/the way sales have been; so they take the high road and avoid all semblance of risk. One can only hope that we'll eventually end up w/a nice kit of the Cobra Daytona w/o spending lotto winnings to get it.

#27 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:54 AM

i might have to pony up for one of those then; my problem if you could call it that is that i have the gunze one (never started im afraid) and the i think it was revell or whoever made that curbside one thats been repackaged a number of times?

also exoto has a full line of them in 1/18 but of course they are die casts (but what diecasts!) and i have a couple of those.

then revell/monogram released nice 1/32 scale slot cars and i have a rack of them.

so im a bit non-plussed about adding more. however if accurate miniatures did a nice one with good engine detail for a reasonable price i would be all over it even though i might not build it right away.