JamesW

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Full Name:Inactive

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

AMT_78_Thunderbird.jpg

YES, YES, YES. I wish they would. This was my first car.

#62 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

Meanwhile the diecast boys rack in the billions.

That's where the demand is...there are a lot more diecast collectors than model builders...just the way it is.

#63 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

my own personal top 5 are ( in no particular order )

1965 Plymouth Belvedere

1965 Mercury Comet

1971 (or 1972) Dodge Demon ( thank you thank you thank you )

1966 Plymouth Satellite,,, stock and maybe even a Petty nascar version

1971 Dodge Challenger.

a Bonus would be any ' pre 1972'  Dodge truck.

simple re-issues

Polar lights Funnycar kits ( don't matter which  ones )

AMT 1964 Comet

1972 Chevrolet pickup / wrecker combination

Yea, I know.my list is geared towards Mopar stuff. I just can't think of any of  off brands right now that  I would want more than the above.

I tend to believe a 1960 thru 1972 Big body chrysler kit would do reasonably well .???? anyone tried to buy a decent builder 1960-61 New Yorker kit lately?, if so open the wallet up wide .

How about a  1957 up thru 1960 Desoto kit ?

1961 Pontiac Catalina maybe ?

How about a 1972 or 1973 Gran Torino ? I think the Nascar guys would snatch these up like hotcakes

Edited by gtx6970, 23 January 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#64 Blown03SVT

Blown03SVT

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Full Name:Eric Terry

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

That's where the demand is...there are a lot more diecast collectors than model builders...just the way it is.

We live in a instant gratification world... die cast always seemed like cheating to me. The only die cast I have ever purchased for myself was hot wheels when I was a kid. I have them, but they were all gifts.

#65 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

We live in a instant gratification world... die cast always seemed like cheating to me. The only die cast I have ever purchased for myself was hot wheels when I was a kid. I have them, but they were all gifts.

There are so many interesting subjects available in diecast in many scales that have never and will never be available in styrene or resin kits, so I've always been into both...

#66 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,630 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Nobody wants to build anything today. They're looking for something they can pop from the package and display. And a lot of them are still keeping stuff 'mint in the box' thinking it will be valuable someday.

For some reason the general public thinks of metal being more valuable vs plastic. So even if the companies put out very detailed plastic prebuilts, they're perceived as 'cheap plastic toys'.

#67 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

As far as die cast stuff (for me personally )  it has to be

A- fit my likes / subject matter.to a T

B- cheap

C- I can't get it any other way

I tend to lean more towards making my own as opposed to just buying something done  , I'm a tight wad and I get some gratification in saying ' I made it ' .

same rules apply to pre-built plastic kits, UNLESS It happens to be a subject I don't already have on the shelf . Then and only then if I happen to find a done kit that I plan to build at a later date and it fits the above criteria I'll buy something already assembled. Even then it still has to be relativity in-expensive .

#68 Nate

Nate

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Full Name:Nate Johnson

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

I wish they would scrap the old 72 Chevy Pick up tooling a tool up a brand new one, similar to the detail of the 50 Chevy Pickup.  I would also like to see the 1933 Chevy Panel Truck rescued from Barnabus Vampire Van hell, but alas, it'll never happen...

I'll also second the 71-73 Riviera.  I still can't believe that there isn't one... 

Edited by Nate, 23 January 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#69 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,630 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

As far as die cast stuff (for me personally )  it has to be

A- fit my likes / subject matter.to a T

B- cheap

C- I can't get it any other way

If there's a kit I don't buy diecast.  For things like 1950s light commercial trucks that don't exist in plastic I'm happy to get them any way! I do intend to pull them apart and build a model from them someday, but they look nice on my shelves the way they are until I get to 'em!

#70 robertw

robertw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Bearing in mind that Round 2 also issues and reissues a lot of sci-fi and monster stuff, here's one that seems to be gathering support on their Facebook page. There have been some limited-edition and hugely expensive built models, all hard to find. Disney licensing fees might sink the idea, but I'm in.

Nautilus_zpsbd564d8a.jpg

Interesting that I couldn't find any movie stills online. The Disney copyright police must be doing an excellent job.

I recall seeing somewhere that the 20,000 League under the Sea sub is being done this year. I believe that it is either Mobius or Pegasus.

#71 bigphoto

bigphoto

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I put in for my usual request! That is to see the 1/43 line back! not just the 1969 year!

#72 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Well, I guess there is a reason for it.

How many bloody 56 Ford reissues do I need in my life? I had what feels like 20.

In what feels like 30 years, I got the following new tooled kits:

50 Olds

5x Hudson or what that bloody thing is.

Nobody with half a brain can convince me, that the world was waiting for those two kits.

The hype is simply based on the fact, that we became grateful for any newly tooled kit, no matter what the bloody heck they think to unload on us.

It's pathetic.

I'm sick and tired of their nonsense. Everyone with half a brain buys diecasts by now. The diecast boys do what the kit makers fail to understand for well over a quarter century now.

Lissen, if a manufacturer has to ask around what to release next, he'll be broke in less than two years. Mark my words and I rest my bloody case.

I wish the plastic model kit industry was not run by backward hillbillies. I really do. But alas.

Edited by Junkman, 23 January 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#73 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Well, at least the Japanese keep releasing new kits. So there is a recepeint for my hard earned after all.

#74 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Junkman, you need to remember that in the US the core model building market is men age 55 and older...Revell, Moiebus and Round 2's new releases target that core demographic.  They are giving the old guys what they want.

#75 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Rob Hall, you need to remember that the global market doesn't end in Delaware.

#76 MustangGuy23

MustangGuy23

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Taylor

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

I would love to see a late model Ford pickup. Anything 2004 or newer.

I'd also like to see a 2000 Mustang GT(my first car), but I know that's a pretty specific request.

#77 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Rob Hall, you need to remember that the global market doesn't end in Delaware.

Does Round 2, US Revell or Moeibus sell very many kits outside of NA?  I doubt it...their target market is the US.

#78 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

I would love to see a late model Ford pickup. Anything 2004 or newer.

I'd also like to see a 2000 Mustang GT(my first car), but I know that's a pretty specific request.

It's too bad they never did a variation of their '99 Cobra as a GT...would have been nice.

#79 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,404 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Junkman, you need to remember that in the US the core model building market is men age 55 and older...Revell, Moiebus and Round 2's new releases target that core demographic.  They are giving the old guys what they want.

I agree with Junkman, but also understand that the core age group is in 50+ , I guess the only thing I can say is good thing the Japanese companys are targeting the under 50 age group :D

I guess I should I should I post something on topic,  since it seems Round 2 is all about doing reissues vs new tooling, I would like them to keep bringing back van kits,  the truck kits from the 90s, more so the 454SS kit, I would love to see that come back,  I guess alot of stuff from the 90s.  There are a lot more older kits that I would like to see, but cant think of them at the moment

Edited by martinfan5, 23 January 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#80 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

As has been mentioned here many times, Round2 would be best served with asking us to choose from a list of available tools of what to reissue. I am not going to list my wants, I want them to let me know what is possible and then I can vote accordingly.

It would be nice to see some old AMT & MPC kits reissued and knowing what "could be" is something a lot of us would appreciate!