#141 hpiguy

hpiguy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Phillips

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

I've told them on their FB page and also have emailed them.

It's fun to discuss here as well.

With the popularity of 80s stuff right now in pop culture, they'd be wise to jump on the bandwagon and release any kits they can still make for the 80s shows and movies they made.  All the Dukes kits (they currently have some on the market), A Team, Fall Guy, Hardcastle &McCormick, etc.  and even reach back to the late 70s and send out the CHiPs kits too. 

Anything from that era is really hot right now. Most of us that loved those shows as little kids are in our mid to late 30s or older and have the finances to buy all of the kits as they come out. 

#142 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Neither AMT not MPC had any CHiPs kits. Only Revell.

The A-Team van can not be re-issued. that kit has been back-dated to the current issue,

and soon to be re-issued Fire Department Rescue van.

#143 hpiguy

hpiguy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Neither AMT not MPC had any CHiPs kits. Only Revell.

The A-Team van can not be re-issued. that kit has been back-dated to the current issue,

and soon to be re-issued Fire Department Rescue van.

My bad, I thought they made John's truck once. Thanks for clarifying.

#144 oldscool

oldscool

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Full Name:Gerald Goff

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

I would be happy seeing any of the old stuff reissued. My main request is that they do a better job with the chromed sprues. Many of the kits have excessive flash on the chromed sprues and thick or lumpy plating as well as debris under the plating.

Why isn't it possible to have the nice thin chrome plating that kits had back in the 60's?

#145 oldscool

oldscool

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Full Name:Gerald Goff

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

They need to make an all-new tool of a '62 Dodge Polara with full engine and chassis detail. My uncle drove one when he was in high school and wants me to build him a model of it. They'd be making a huge mistake by not building this car.

This car might be a candidate for Moebius

Edited by oldscool, 27 January 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#146 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Don't even get me started on the ridiculous "$250,000 Challenge" annual contest from another site. :rolleyes:

Thanks great to read that I have a fan!

BTW it's been more then a few years since I ran it, but you're right Lee, enthusiast poll's don't work, the pool just isn't large enough, sales data combined with solid market research does.

But at least I tried something....

Luc Janssens

#147 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Revell Did do Jon's Pickup, Ponch's Firebird, The CHP Camaro (Marked but no lightbar),

& the Kawasaki that they rode.

I believe the Pickup & Firebird were Snap kits.

I believe the Pickup with Plow Is from the same kit as Jon's

or the Ice Patrol with Snow mobile

I have the Bike. never did get the others.

AMT/MPC Could do Face's Vette.

#148 gray07

gray07

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Full Name:Shelly and Darrin Holts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Farrahs vette, to, dont remember who brought it out though.

#149 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

Revell Did do Jon's Pickup, Ponch's Firebird, The CHP Camaro (Marked but no lightbar),

& the Kawasaki that they rode.

I believe the Pickup & Firebird were Snap kits.

I believe the Pickup with Plow Is from the same kit as Jon's

or the Ice Patrol with Snow mobile

I have the Bike. never did get the others.

AMT/MPC Could do Face's Vette.

That CHP Camaro was a farce.  It had stupid, grossly oversized IMSA-like pontoon fairings on all four fenders.  Molded in, not glue-on (or delete).  You could not build that kit stock, like a real CHP Camaro.  The contents did not resemble the box-art.  It was a waste of plastic.   :angry:

#150 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Sounds like the "Travolta" Firedbird.

Did it have the 'Whale-tail' type spoiler too??

#151 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

The reason why Round 2 put the question out on Facebook is to get the perspective of the average person.  It's useless for them to ask here on the dedicated modeler boards because we are too sophisticated  and too close to the issue. And we only represent a small fraction of their overall market.  That's why we see a lot of '32 Fords and Ferarris.  The general public who couldn't identify a '50 Oldsmobile, will buy those over and over.

And don't write off Facebook. If you ignore the people who post photos of their lunch and every trivial detail of their lives, the site has amazing power that can be used for your benefit.  I got lured into joining because I local band had the "Visit our Facebook Page" on their card.  Within a half hour, I had a contact from someone I knew in high school.  That led to being linked to over 50 people I graduated with in 1976 including some old friends I lost contact with many years ago.  And we've gotten together in person for three reunions so far.

There's also groups for just about anything you can think of.  I belong to groups that post historic photos of my town and places I once lived.  I grew up in the military and there are three groups for people who once lived on the US Army post in Pirmasens, Germany. This post has been abandoned by the US and turned into German civilian use.  I saw tons of photos of both what it looked like back when I lived there in 1969-72 (my father was a career officer) and today.  I saw a lot of pictures of the street I lived on which was Army quarters for families, but no photo of my old house.  So I posted on one group asking if anyone was still in Pirmasens and if they could drive by and take a picture for me.  Within an hour two people had volunteered.  By the next day I had a video someone took in 2010 driving down the street and photos a German fellow ran over and took for me... of the current building where my house once stood!  Turns out that it got knocked down and there are two houses where it stood.  Not the outcome I wanted, but the answer!

And through these groups I'm in touch with five kids I went to junior high with back then!  It's great to know how they all turned out and where they are today. We've shared memories that have filled in blanks in my own memory and I've enjoyed this a great deal.

And the 24 Hour Build this past weekend was done on Facebook.  There are a lot of modelers and modeling groups there too!

Edited by Tom Geiger, 28 January 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#152 Erik Smith

Erik Smith

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts
  • Full Name:Erik Smith

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Fear of Facebook has more to do with ignorance than it does actual malicious content. If you know what FB is and how to work within it, it's not bad. Some people are addicted to it and have excessive use, just like anything in life.

#153 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Since it is an apparently totally unreasonable request to get anything new out of America for the past 30 years, I adjust my desires accordingly.

AMT: A 61-69 Lincoln Continental hardtop.

MPC: A late 60s Bonneville hardtop and the Superfly.

But please understand, I only mention these under the premise that

- no tard of the model kit industry is the least bit incommodated by dusting off the molds (provided they are fully intact and need no repairs whatsover), sticking them into a bloody injection moulding machine of all things, adding some styrene granulate (I know, that stuff comes at a premium nowadays, making every business venture involving it a stunt that requires the real pioneer spirit), and selling the ruddy things once they are moulded.

- my requests don't clash with the taste of some grandpas in America.

For crying out loud.

Edited by Junkman, 29 January 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#154 hpiguy

hpiguy

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Since it is an apparently totally unreasonable request to get anything new out of America for the past 30 years, I adjust my desires accordingly.

AMT: A 61-69 Lincoln Continental hardtop.

MPC: A late 60s Bonneville hardtop and the Superfly.

But please understand, I only mention these under the premise that

- no tard of the model kit industry is the least bit incommodated by dusting off the molds (provided they are fully intact and need no repairs whatsover), sticking them into a bloody injection moulding machine of all things, adding some styrene granulate (I know, that stuff comes at a premium nowadays, making every business venture involving it a stunt that requires the real pioneer spirit), and selling the ruddy things once they are moulded.

- my requests don't clash with the taste of some grandpas in America.

For crying out loud.

Why don't you just have all those huge well known plastic car model companies in the UK build you the models you want if America and it's companies suck so bad? 

With your glowing comments I just can't see why the owners of Revell and AMT and Moebius don't jump at every request you have. ;)

Edited by hpiguy, 29 January 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#155 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Nah, man, it's fine. Don't wake them up. I spent about $7000 on diecasts from China and kits from Japan last year and will likely increase this this year, seeing what they announced at Nürnberg today.

#156 Reegs

Reegs

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

There are a number of AMT kits that were released in the '60s that I'd like to see, but if they re-issue any of these kits please please please de-AMT them first.
De-AMT? That means:
NO molded in seats, whether it's the rear seats in a four door sedan or the front seats in a two passenger roadster. Let me decide how and where my scale people are gonna sit.
NO molded in exhaust system. What was the point offering zoomies or dump tubes for the "drag version" when you molded in the exhaust pipes and muffler?
NO molded in suspension and NO molded in drive train.
Okay, the last two are (kinda sorta) acceptable for the annual kits; if you're handy with a detail brush you could make them look ... acceptable. Still ...
I know, I know, we're talking about re-issueing, not re-working. But a decrepit old man can dream, can't he?

Edited by Reegs, 11 February 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#157 38 Crush

38 Crush

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Full Name:Harold

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

I'm Still waiting on the ASTRO 1

#158 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

This is an ongoing thing with Round2. They really do want constant input. I have sent them oodles (does anyone still use "oodles"?) of suggestions, and although many do not come to pass, at least they are actively seeking input. I think the other companies are great, but when they actively seek out input that puts them top of the charts as far as i'm concerned! ;) 

#159 Tom Kren

Tom Kren

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kren

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

the KISS VAN!

ALSO RE TOOL A NOVA WAGON!

#160 zenrat

zenrat