Any resin versions of Monogram's Goodyear Sports Car Specials?

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

If memory serves, Monogram made these in two different sizes and used them on actual race car models (Owens Corning 'Vettes) as well as for big & little tire combos for some of their street rods. 

Just curious if anyone is offering them in resin.  If you have a pic of the sidewall, that would be extremely helpful. 

#2 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

If memory serves, Monogram made these in two different sizes and used them on actual race car models (Owens Corning 'Vettes) as well as for big & little tire combos for some of their street rods. 

Just curious if anyone is offering them in resin.  If you have a pic of the sidewall, that would be extremely helpful. 

I don't think anyone has offered them in resin, as they are still pretty easy to find, especially if you prefer the "washed" sidewall versions in the Revell '32 Ford 5-window and Sedan kits. Pics of the earlier version with lettering here:

http://www.modelcars...ic=66338&page=2

#3 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for the pics, Casey!

#4 torinobradley

torinobradley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Full Name:Andrew Bradley

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

I think Modelhaus and/or Rep & Min Co of MD offer them with whitewalls. You can just paint the sidewalls and use vintage racing tire decals to put on the side markings.

#5 Roncla

Roncla

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Clarkson

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

I've got some Modelhaus #T190 which are an exact copy of the 32 Ford tires. They come with resin whitewall inserts and have the lettering of the original.