#41 Shelby 427 1965

Shelby 427 1965

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Full Name:Tomo Pattison

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

I've only been here a very short while but I think things are best as is. I mean, things mightn't get as many views if you start making a load of different sections. I mean, I know I rarely look at NASCAR and drag racing sections, and how many would really keep tabs on an import or drift section? The way things are, if you click a thread, you don't always know what to expect. And that element of surprise makes it all more fun.

#42 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

how come when i made a post about ways to make the forum better i got jumped on by a certain forum moderator. then his thoughts were "i spend to much time moving post and being a baby sitter".

here he post the same type change i thought would be good to separate some builds form others.

talking out both sides of your face there dirty harry?

That's because last week it was your idea. This week it's Harry's idea. <_<

#43 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,761 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

That's because last week it was your idea. This week it's Harry's idea. <_<

a. Lanesteele's comment is ignorant and incomprehensible to read.

b. I started this thread, not Harry, though this idea has been kicking around for a very long time - years, in fact.

Stupid comments. But Gregg has spoken from on high, so it's over. No need for further discussion, and reason will not prevail in the land. Might as well lock the thread.

Edited by sjordan2, 22 January 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#44 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,468 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

how come when i made a post about ways to make the forum better i got jumped on by a certain forum moderator. then his thoughts were "i spend to much time moving post and being a baby sitter".

here he post the same type change i thought would be good to separate some builds form others.

talking out both sides of your face there dirty harry?

You really need to start paying more attention.

Let's review. One of the suggestions you made was to add several new subsections to the "On the Workbench" section, like one for Japanese care, another one for late model American cars, etc.

What I wanted to do is get rid of the separate sections like Drag and NASCAR and have one "Workbench" section for all non-competition models, and one for competition (NASCAR, drag, etc.). No more "special" sections for Drag and NASCAR, they would all belong in "Competition" and not have their own separate area.

What you suggested is totally opposite of what I suggested. You want to add more new sections, I want to combine and get rid of a few stray sections.

And when I explained that adding more new sections won't work because too many people already ignore the sections and post wherever they feel like, you accused me of "belittling" you.  :rolleyes:

Plowboy, you may also want to read this, since you are also confused, based on yor latest comment about who had what idea when.  :rolleyes:

And in any case, Gregg wants to keep the separate Drag and NASCAR sections, so nothing will change anyway.

#45 lanesteele240

lanesteele240

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Steen

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Harry, you said no change is needed. everything is just great.

#46 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Plowboy, you may also want to read this, since you are also confused, based on yor latest comment about who had what idea when.  :rolleyes:

And in any case, Gregg wants to keep the separate Drag and NASCAR sections, so nothing will change anyway.

Whatever... :rolleyes: