#21 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

I know I hate losing pets my best friend for 16 years Simon the hot dog dog. coolest pup in the world. Past away and it made it really hard when my cocker mindy-ru-ru got sick I swore I'd never get another pet. But I'm glad the soon to be trumped me.

#22 mnwildpunk

mnwildpunk

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Full Name:Dave isle

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

IMG353.jpg I thought I should show ya the other kitty too. Black & white kitty is my skipper and the other is scout.

#23 1972coronet

1972coronet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Full Name:John Shoe

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

My maternal grandmother gave my sister a cat (young cat , but not a kitten) for Christmas in 1985 ; a pretty yellow-orange tabby .

By Spring 1986 , "Delilah" was looking a bit bigger in the belly (!!) , and on 12th April 1986 (four days before my 16th birthday) she gave birth to four little bundles starting at around 0700 HRS .

I was never much of an animal person until around that time . My family did have two Dauchunds when I was young ("Burgie" and "Pepper") . My parents got them in '68 ; they didn't think they were going to be able to have children and needed some companionship :D .

After Burgie passed away in 1980 , I was greatly saddened . I briefly considered adopting another dog , but never really followed through .

My outlook on animals changed forever when my sister got Delilah :wub: .

With the exception of a few brief intervals , I have never been without at *least* one feline in my life !

My two present "kids" are both shelter rescues :

Molly (full name : Molly Anne McCalico) is my first rescue . She'll be eleven years on 18th May ; I adopted her when she was six months . She's the most colourful Calico I've seen to date ; borderline Tortiseshell , as she's got very little white .

Her best patches are : an Africa-shaped black patch on her left side (a nod to her descendants , the African Wildcat ) , and the face of a bearded man right behind the Africa patch .

Her most easily recognise sound is her "Jake Brake" growl when ...

Oliver , my American Shorthair , tries to play with her :lol: . Oliver is shelter rescue number two . He'll be ten years this 4th of June ; I adopted him (actually , my mother picked him out :D ) when he was 8 months .

American Shorthairs (not to be confused with their Brighton relatives , the British Shorthair) are a stocky , solidly-built cat . Most of their features are shared with Brits ; the puffy muzzle ; the big round eyes ; the thick , tapered tail ; the canine temperment (they absolutely must be in the presence of someone , but conversely , aren't dependent upon anyone) ; and their overall stature . But , unlike their U.K. relatives , they're athletic !

American Shorthairs are typically referred to as "Ship's Cats" .

MNWildPunk : It please me greatly that you have recognised the wonderment of feline companionship ! These guys are like little angels !

One of the best things about kitties is that they're "self-contained" : they don't have to be exercised ; they don't have to be bathed ; and they don't have to solely rely on anyone for food sources (in es , if they are turned back into the wild , they'll adapt quicky , as they're still "feral" , regardless of their domestic stature) .

May your kitties bring you many years of absolute bliss and unwavering companionship :)

#24 Deano

Deano

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Full Name:Dean Eubanks

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

They are so cute, and you can tell they absolutely hate each other!

IMG353.jpg I thought I should show ya the other kitty too. Black & white kitty is my skipper and the other is scout.

#25 Dave Van

Dave Van

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

I have a number of 'helper' cats!!! Thanks for caring for these guys!!!

#26 rel14

rel14

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Full Name:Randy Layman

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

2 dogs and a cat for me,,   people could learn alot from aniamls, there always there for ya, no matter how bad a day ya had,,,,