Merc49

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Full Name:David Harrison

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum. My question is, does anyone make a resin 1949 Chevrolet grille to fit the AMT 1951 Chevrolet Fleetline? I am planning on replicating my grandfather's first car, and need the grille to make it complete.

#2 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I bought a 50 grille and bumpers from Star Models, I dont know who cast it or if they still sell it.

#3 dimaxion

dimaxion

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Full Name:John JR. Landgraver

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

I bought a '49 Chevy Ragtop from Perry's Resins . I bought another one to make a 1950 too . I make strings BTW . The '49 & 50 share the same body . The '51 &  '52 shared the same body . Same but different as most of the time in the day . Mostly  rear fenders and front grille openings separates the two .. 

The '49 Grille is in this conversion . Contact Randy , perhaps he will cast one or have one left over . He hasn't sold/make just parts since he bought the Hobby Shop awhile ago . If you bought a '50  Grille , Craig , from Star Models ? He sells the '52 Conversion (grille & bumpers) for sure . I am going to check this out . Thank you Craig . 

Good luck with your conversion .      Thanx ..

#4 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I stand SO corrected, it WAS a 52 conversion I bought, OOPS!

#5 Merc49

Merc49

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Full Name:David Harrison

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thanks, guys. I'll see what I can do regarding the obtaining of the grille. My plans for the car are to paint the grille and wheels red, the car itself factory Monaco Blue, with a gray interior, and amber running lights. All these modifications were performed by my grandfather and great-uncle around 1954-1955 to my grandfather's first real car (his first, a 1948 Buick Roadmaster, he ran into the river). If all goes well, you'll see this conversion Under Glass.

#6 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

The 50 grille I have is from an ebay buy, unknown caster. It was part of a resin 50 Chevy coupe kit that was flat unbuildeable but the grill looked to be salvageable. I don't want to let it go but it actualy looks like it would be simple to build.