#21 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Here's one from 1963 1/2.   When I was 13 years old in 1963 I painted this, probably my first successful spray job and that is why I will never repaint it.  Our neighbor who worked at Chevrolet Muncie, yeah the 4-speed manual plant, bought a new one, a ,black 390 version. It was literally the coolest car on the block.  Of course being the big Chevrolet man he was, he did the logical thing with it. After hot rodding it around a while he ran out of gas right on the railroad tracks when a train just happened to be coming, barely escaping just before the train destroyed it. I think there may have been a few soda pops consumed along the way. I don't think he owned it long enough to make the first payment. Luckily mine did not share the same fate, although many of my models wound up in big fiery crashes.  I do have the reissue to build and compare some day.  Man look at that shine!!!   I am like the proud Dad of this one.  :lol: DSC04284_zpsf625da04.jpgDSC04285_zps2061308c.jpgDSC04292_zpsdd391338.jpgDSC04290_zps113df077.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy, 04 February 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#22 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

You know, after I posted the '63 I noticed this thread is under "Drag Racing Models",  well this is an old drag racing model, of course back then my version was chrome reverse wheels, racing slicks, cut out pipes and a tow bar. I also drilled out the middle headlights for air flow to the engine which had three carburetors.  Very trick huh? Also later it had a raised stance but, never any decals. I kind of restored it back to stock street later on but, a former drag racer. Thanks for looking. I love this thread! :)