#21 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

That is pretty much as Lindberg tooled and produced this kit back about 1961, with the exception of the hubcaps and lakes pipes.

Art

Yup, and frankly I was amazed that the thing comes chopped AND channeled, quite well, and offers the only styrene '32 closed truck cab I know of. The frame is simple and next to useless, the tires are hard-plastic, the engine is kind of a blob and the bed is very simple (though it can be the basis of a nice custom piece, cut down or modified). All that said, the CAB (correctly proportioned with a serious chop) and the fenders are a terriffic jumping-off point to scratchbash something really cool, and as the photo shows, even mildly modified it makes a neat little truck.

#22 blazefox

blazefox

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Gilmore

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

The l700 was a good kit with a few problems but not many. Only thing I found wrong was engine was little simple and doors and mirors need a little tlc for proper fitment

#23 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,304 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

The '90s era tooling 1/25th scale Lindbergs are all pretty nice ('53 Ford, '61 Impala, '64 Dodge, '64 Plymouth, '66 Olds Cutlass, '66 Chevelle) though the Olds has some issues w/ interior depth.   The '90s era 1/25th scale snap kits (Chrysler Atlantic, Sebring convertible, Dodge Caravan, Dodge Dakota) are nice also.

#24 dantewallace

dantewallace

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Full Name:dante dwayne wallace

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for all of the opinions and suggestions!!!