Jump to content


anyone intrested in lowboy trailers


  • You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 clavender17

clavender17

    MCM Friend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Location:ellsinore
  • Full Name:chris lavender

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hi there im going to start making lowboy trailers for modelers and myself and was wanting to know if anyone would be intrested in one ? They are 98% styrene and the other 2% is balsa wood !! I will be posting pics of a NON detachable front end trailer i built today it takes me about 8 hours to turn out a trailer.... i can build a detachable trailer aswell but it is a little more complicated and a longer prosess .. any questions you have to ask you can pm me or text me at 573 776 0458

#2 txdieseldog

txdieseldog

    MCM Friend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Location:Merkel,TX
  • Full Name:Barry Bond

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

Hey Chris, would you consider doing a step-by-step or presenting some plans for these lowboys? Maybe we could use your expertise to scratchbuild our own? I am interested, but, I believe my own labor rate is cheaper than yours. :)

#3 clavender17

clavender17

    MCM Friend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Location:ellsinore
  • Full Name:chris lavender

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Lol I'm going to draw up some step by step plains on how to build one in the next few days

#4 txdieseldog

txdieseldog

    MCM Friend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Location:Merkel,TX
  • Full Name:Barry Bond

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

Chris, that rocks. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing that. :)



#5 clavender17

clavender17

    MCM Friend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Location:ellsinore
  • Full Name:chris lavender

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Here is the first trailer ! its not completely done  but here it is !!Attached File  007.jpg   150.77KB   39 downloads

Attached Files

  • Attached File  012.jpg   42.07KB   67 downloads
  • Attached File  015.jpg   40.45KB   67 downloads
  • Attached File  017.jpg   42.69KB   69 downloads
  • Attached File  018.jpg   45.3KB   62 downloads
  • Attached File  021.jpg   113.05KB   63 downloads
  • Attached File  023.jpg   36.42KB   52 downloads


#6 raildogg

raildogg

    MCM Avid Poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Location:So. New Hampshire
  • Full Name:Richard A Rozzi

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

I've got a set of cad drawings I've made myself for a generic lowboy and have built one using parts from the AMT kit. The big issue for me is suspension and wheel, tire combinations. That's why I used the AMT kit with the electric transformers on the box top artwork. But I'm always interested in lowboys of all kinds.


Edited by raildogg, 27 January 2013 - 07:12 AM.


#7 clavender17

clavender17

    MCM Friend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Location:ellsinore
  • Full Name:chris lavender

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

thats my problem too ... i still have yet to figur suspension out !  other than that i can set a 10 lb weight on it and it wont break



#8 krazyglu

krazyglu

    MCM Ohana

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Location:Erlanger, Ky...(Cincinnati)
  • Full Name:Steven Witte

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

That thing is wicked looking, I am working on a Pete that will need a trailer someday.  A detachable front end low boy sounds really cool.



#9 clavender17

clavender17

    MCM Friend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Location:ellsinore
  • Full Name:chris lavender

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

Just let me know when .