Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

DSC00345-vi.jpgDSC00343-vi.jpg

Richard, as I've been watching your build, there was something familiar about it... then I remembered this one! I cut the roof off the '34 snap kit a while ago but never went any further with it. Mostly because the side panels were very thick and didn't look right to me.

#102 crazyrichard

crazyrichard

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts
  • Full Name:richard gelens

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

you could make some trips of styrene along the upper line of the door , curving to the back and make like a canvas roof that could be rolled up and down ?

make like some cross members in between for strenght ??

but i know what you mean about the thickness , you would not believe how thick the roof on mine was on the rounded shapes of the roof , at one point i thought what did i got myself into

your doorwith / thickess does look thicker then mine though

#103 crazyrichard

crazyrichard

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

i finished it and posted it in under glass >

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=70586

thnx to all the watchers !!!!!!!!!

#104 Pro Wrench

Pro Wrench

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Full Name:Curt Scott

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Really enjoyed watching this build. It reminds me of the way that those of us that build 1:1 cars and don't have all the fancy equipment such as lathes and mills would do it. One thing that I really liked was that, even though you are working with a plastic model, the building style would have been period correct for a 1:1 car. This is what true hot rodding is all about. Very nice.

I have to add that I find it ironic that, even though you live in another country, your english is STILL better and easier to understand than about 40% of our population. LOL!

#105 crazyrichard

crazyrichard

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

whow thnx ..

well tbh i never have been around real hotrods much , really sad but true.
i'm turning 38 this year and just one year ago i saw a perioud correct hotrod for the first time on a show in belgium..
there are shows here and i'm planning to visit some this year ...

so on my models i'm just doing something i feel is right , i'm not a real hotrod expert in any way , so when you say it makes you think of the 1:1 back in the ...
that makes me smile , doing something right i guess :)

i believe its like when you really have a passion for something and you really look into it you can self teach and become self -made
also and i keep saying this i learned a lot in the short perioud i have been here by seeing others at work , just proves how inspiring good build threads with good pictures can be :)

and about the english > back in the day @ school i always got a 9 or 10 for english and never learned for exams :)
it also helps that i have been on english based forums for a few years..

maybe sometimes my sentences are a bit weird and on some things i dont know the right word but i can manage i guess :lol:

anyway thnx for the kind words