2013 America's Most Beautiful Roadster Winner! Totally Traditional!

• You cannot reply to this topic
85 replies to this topic

#21 midnightprowler

midnightprowler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts
  • Full Name:Lee

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Not liking the color either, but oh so deep paint! Can you post some full view pics?

#22 58 Impala

58 Impala

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Beautiful roadster, there is not a thing I don't like. I wouldn't mind that in my garage.

#23 Terry Sumner

Terry Sumner

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Full Name:Terry Sumner Sr.

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Eh! Doesn't turn my wheels but then again, I never liked track noses. Quality looks PDG though!

#24 iBorg

iBorg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

I absolutely love it. So many of the AMBRs are so "perfect" they're no longer cars but wheeled art pieces. I can see this one actually being driven.

Mike

#25 Joe Handley

Joe Handley

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts
  • Full Name:Billy Joe

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Love the car, not a fan of most reds, but this car looks good in marroon!

#26 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

It's all about individualism and nonconformity in America? God help us. I've seen more creative stuff in Poland.

#27 Nate

Nate

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Full Name:Nate Johnson

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Wasn't that maroon a close to factory Ford color?  I do know that you "could get the Model T in any color you wanted as long as it was black," but didn't they offer a similar maroon color in like '34, or something? (---Grammar nerd alert--- Please note the the apostrophe goes before the 34 in 1934, since you are abbreviating the portion of the number before the 34...)

Edited by Nate, 29 January 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#28 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

It's all about individualism and nonconformity in America? God help us. I've seen more creative stuff in Poland.

This      particular      car is about craftsmanship and honoring a traditional build-style that goes to the root of the hot-rod movement in this country.

If you think it's not too good, that seems to be a perfect opportunity / motivator to design something better and build it. Nice thing about modeling is the freedom it gives each of us to express his own creative vision, affordably.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 29 January 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#29 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

Nope, it's all about what the owner / builder likes and wants, it dosen't matter if its been done before or not. We please ourselves, no one else's opinion matters.

#30 Junkman

Junkman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts
  • Full Name:Christian Pamp

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

If you really want to keep hyping those worn out shoes, stop pretending to be surprised that this hobby doesn't catch on with the youngsters.

That this backward thing got the trophy is a slap in the face for everyone who builds contemporary hot rods and proof that the award is now worth bugger all and nothing else.

#31 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,889 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

If you really want to keep hyping those worn out shoes, stop pretending to be surprised that this hobby doesn't catch on with the youngsters.

That this backward thing got the trophy is a slap in the face for everyone who builds contemporary hot rods and proof that the award is now worth bugger all and nothing else.

Okay, I've got to come out and say it. You have morphed from a knowledgeable comrade on this forum to a person whose posts have become increasingly negative and unpleasant. What's going on?

#32 Ace-Garageguy

Ace-Garageguy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,707 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Engwer

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Instead of criticizing, step up and show us all how it's done. Something good enough just MIGHT end up getting built 1:1 and winning the AMBR in the future. Let's see what you've got.

By the way...isn't your avatar just an orange '36 Ford with some traditional influences?

#33 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

What contemporary hot rods had become is what started the rat rod / traditional rod re-birth, which is what the kids around here are into.

#34 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,178 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Awesome ride.  Very deserving of the AMBR and perhaps the most appropriate AMBR winner in years!

Ten thumbs up!

B)

#35 whale392

whale392

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts
  • Full Name:Bradley Emery

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

You are absolutely correct, Mr.Pamp. It is horrible and should NEVER have even been considered for the award, let alone win it.

I guess the judges happen to base their scores on clean craftsmanship and execution, attention to detail, and overall cohesive nature of the build instead of what happens to be the 'hot thing going' for this year/trend cycle. Shame on them for actually awarding fine work.

(Yes, I did type that with a cynical air..............the car is beautiful and deserves the win. Get over it)

Edited by whale392, 29 January 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#36 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,870 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'm no expert on this type of car, but it looks good to me!  B)

#37 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

i honestly dont see what your problem is with it christian, i kinda like it myself and hey this was AMBR at one time too:

leftfrontnice.jpg

so its gotta be an improvement on that after 50 years!

i like it and i like that color, its like a tobacco color. i think the whole thing shows admirable restraint while still preserving a look that has long since disappeared. yeah there might not be a lot "new" about it, but i like its simplicity and style. certainly havent seen anything from Poland to match it lately.

#38 Chuck Kourouklis

Chuck Kourouklis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

I think it's simply exquisite, unlocking the kind of beauty you'd never suspect of a Model T.  No Malmsteen-style wankery here; it's Cray or Clapton, not putting a single note wrong.

Love the color, love everything about it.

#39 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I like the colors and the style, but that track nose just kills it for me.

#40 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Not really my genre, but I love the color and the interior color.  Tires are too narrow for 2013, though.    not sure about the 1:1 retro fad, though..shouldn't the hobby continue to evolve and move forward?  

Edited by Rob Hall, 30 January 2013 - 04:58 PM.