Model Cars Magazine Forum

What a really strange couple of days this has been!

The last time i built cars, I built 1/43rd white metal or resin cars. they were all GT/Le Mans or F1 cars. Upon this return to cars it is road cars and road bikes only. That did not last long and soon I had the bug to build a race car. I decided to do the 2001 Daytona Corvette C5R. I bought the kit, the photo etch and carbon fibre sets. I also bought the Historic Racing Miniatures resin body A LONG TIME AGO.

This weekend I spent most of my hours watching the Daytona 24 Hours and of course I saw quite a few commercials for the upcoming Daytona 500 which I can never see or hear about without thinking of Dale Earnhardt. To me, that race and him and jr are forever linked together.

The whole point of this is that yesterday the HRM body arrived! As I went through the kit and body instructions, the decals with Dale's number 3 touched a nerve. Although I have 3 started kits in various degrees of being finished I will start Dale's 2001 Daytona car next weekend.

joe.

Edited by jaydar